This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog 2 Screen issue

tavi_dumitru
Star I
Hi, I just bought a Rog 2 Strix (Got a nice deal for it coz it was the last one in the shop)
Anyway, when I got home I found a very strange problem on the screen. When on white screen (like when you open a new document) there are a lot of yellow...ish markings and writings on the screen. Actually I can read something like: GAME CHANGER (in capital letters), Battery monster, etc. There is also something like a static countdown in the left lower corner.
It's like someone forgot something under the screen. Anyway, I've sent it for repairs but I'm curious if anyone else experienced something like this. (for me it's 1st time I see something like this on a device)
Model Name: Rog 2 Strix
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
tavi_dumitru

Hi, I just bought a Rog 2 Strix (Got a nice deal for it coz it was the last one in the shop)

Anyway, when I got home I found a very strange problem on the screen. When on white screen (like when you open a new document) there are a lot of yellow...ish markings and writings on the screen. Actually I can read something like: GAME CHANGER (in capital letters), Battery monster, etc. There is also something like a static countdown in the left lower corner.

It's like someone forgot something under the screen. Anyway, I've sent it for repairs but I'm curious if anyone else experienced something like this. (for me it's 1st time I see something like this on a device)

1. Model Name: Rog 2 Strix
  2. Rooted or not: No
  3. Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent

Asus Rog 2 Screen issue
It sounds like a screen burn to me. Screen burn is a common issue with these OLED screens especially if you have static objects staying in the same place with high brightness. Definitely would make a mark.

tavi_dumitru
Star I
Could be but never seen writings as screen burns just spots and lines. The phone was a display one for few months so you may be right.
I'm curious what people from the repair shop will say.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
tavi_dumitru

Could be but never seen writings as screen burns just spots and lines. The phone was a display one for few months so you may be right.

I'm curious what people from the repair shop will say.

View post
If it was like this when you bought it, then I would try to give it back. Sounds like they've had a static image to promote the phone. GAME CHANGER and Battery monster are both used in our marketing of ROG Phone.
I don't know what kind of deal you made with the store but a screen burn-in like this is not necessarily covered by warranty. It's up to the repair center to decide but you shouldn't be surprised if they say it's customer induced damage.