This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS JUST ADMIT IT

psgbharathi
Star III
I am using Rog2 I am in android 9 right now.
Like zenfone6 .167 update triggered the motherboard issue. I can say something happened with our rog2 during A10 one of the stable.
It happened for most of the devices, heck I can't even use whatsapp and multitasking or playing games while charging.
Phone getting restarted.
ONLY IF I USE WHILE CHARGING.
I know it's a hardware issue. But why asus is not saying anything or admitting their side problem like they did for zenfone6 .167update.

#Dont tell me to factory reset. I did 5 times and I have tried all the A10 stable versions and A9 also. Due to corona I can't even go back to own country where I bought this phone.
@Anders_ASUS @titan67 @Titan_ASUS
Reference:https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/08/06/latest-zenfone-6-update-causing-crashes-asus-blames-motherb...
16 REPLIES 16

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Yeah dude this is what pisses me most about Asus. So many ROG users facing this issue+ it's the same thing for every one of us( black screen/restart ). I myself am having this issue for the past two months yet we don't have a single announcement/ acknowledgement from the their side. They can post all the bs on their twitter handle, all these useless posts pinned on the front page of Zentalk yet no single mention of the issue. They claim refund/replacement but again it is affected by the poor service centres for ex centres in some cities just downgrade their phone to A9 (even though it don't fix the issue) and send it back to them + I have read many bad reviews about the service centre in my city as it handles phone from diff brands ( Asus, op, and many more ). That is why I emailed ASUS support first expecting them to atleast acknowledge it over email. But NO they still send me the service centre address asif I can't Google them. I hope I get my refund /replacement without any issue from the service centre.

psgbharathi
Star III
sauravshanbhogue

Yeah dude this is what pisses me most about Asus. So many ROG users facing this issue+ it's the same thing for every one of us( black screen/restart ). I myself am having this issue for the past two months yet we don't have a single announcement/ acknowledgement from the their side. They can post all the bs on their twitter handle, all these useless posts pinned on the front page of Zentalk yet no single mention of the issue. They claim refund/replacement but again it is affected by the poor service centres for ex centres in some cities just downgrade their phone to A9 (even though it don't fix the issue) and send it back to them + I have read many bad reviews about the service centre in my city as it handles phone from diff brands ( Asus, op, and many more ). That is why I emailed ASUS support first expecting them to atleast acknowledge it over email. But NO they still send me the service centre address asif I can't Google them. I hope I get my refund /replacement without any issue from the service centre.

View post
I am in Kuwait bro. I can't go back to India right now. Only 4months remaining for the warranty to end.
I understand you , i am also frustrated for spending 40k and getting black screen for using whatsapp.
Atleast they can announce or accept the fault from their side.
They are not even doing tht

gsanchez
Rising Star II
I don't know if a project failure, since I can use my phone while charging (in my laptop or charger) without any kind of issue. Maybe (again, maybe), could be some devices affected by this problem. Years ago I bought a Lumia 920 that some devices (including my brand new one) were affected by a camera problem, which simply doesn't work, giving a black screen and some owners could take any photo or video, trying both Nokia and Windows Phone photo app... The day after my purchase I returned to store, showed them my problem and got my device replaced. I opened the box and tested if this particular problem persists in new device, but no, problem was gone.
I see lots of people complain about this, but I was never affected by black screen, overheating, network problems or so.

psgbharathi
Star III
As I said earlier , even in the link I have shown above zenfone 6 .167 updated triggered mother board issue for half of the devices.
Asus admitted it, so there is no problem in the service centre also.
Now many SC are doing downgrade the software and giving the phone back.

Asus knows this hardware issue, but they are silently ignoring it.