This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Major Updates

ZT-654e7302
Star I
If this gaming phone is competing with the other flagships and gaming phones like RED MAGIC, BLACK SHARK in terms of pricing, processing speed and chipset. Why not with Android OS updates..
Any brand which provides the device, guarantees 2 major updates, why is ASUS ignoring with only 1?
If this trend continues, I'd say ASUS sucks in terms of software updates/security updates.
And If I'd known ROG series would have gotten only 1 OS update, I'd never even have considered ROG my first choice.
I regret my decision in picking up ROG 2.

11 REPLIES 11

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ZT-654e7302

If this gaming phone is competing with the other flagships and gaming phones like RED MAGIC, BLACK SHARK in terms of pricing, processing speed and chipset. Why not with Android OS updates..

Any brand which provides the device, guarantees 2 major updates, why is ASUS ignoring with only 1?

If this trend continues, I'd say ASUS sucks in terms of software updates/security updates.

And If I'd known ROG series would have gotten only 1 OS update, I'd never even have considered ROG my first choice.

I regret my decision in picking up ROG 2.

Android Major Updates
Did Red Magic 5 and Black Shark 2 get Android 11 though???
Besides, ROG 2 Android 11 is still under evaluation and Asus never said we won't either.
If you want good major updates, then you would of gone for Google Pixels.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50367/android-major-updates

Did Red Magic 5 and Black Shark 2 get Android 11 though???

Besides, ROG 2 Android 11 is still under evaluation and Asus never said we won't either.

If you want good major updates, then you would of gone for Google Pixels.

View post
*Redmagic 3 is comparable to Rog 2 (2019)
Redmagic 5 to rog 3 (2020)
And from what I know neither red magic 3/s or black shark 2 have A11 yet neither a beta
Red magic 3's last update was in June 2020 lol and that too just an security patch (checked on their official support website)

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/175143#Comment_175143

*Redmagic 3 is comparable to Rog 2 (2019)

Redmagic 5 to rog 3 (2020)

And from what I know neither red magic 3/s or black shark 2 have A11 yet neither a beta

Red magic 3's last update was in June 2020 lol and that too just an security patch (checked on their official support website)

View post
Thanks for the correction and I did see your other post too. No idea why I said 5.

bala_wings
Star III
screenshot-20210706-122420008-7e2.jpg
This Samsung tablet at 15K when launched!