and in Asus Premium Segment phones
has doesn't Started Android 11 Beta test Yet
Wow So much Wow

38 REPLIES 38

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156054#Comment_156054

Whats new in ZenUI 7 anyways? Its not adding major changes / features anyways.

Live captions? A10's core feature itself is missing. And there are Many.

And ASUS does this all the time, keep ignoring/posting in templates so long that people piss off and go away. That's their business motto, "giving no F___s, only bugs".

View post
Asus zen ui versions do add a decent amount of stuff
Battery limit features,new game genie features, redesigned recent apps menu,dialer has an pop up now,all core Zen ui apps updated to new design,updated optiflex, scheduled dark mode to name a few
So basically many of the core android 11 features are already present in Zen ui 7
Live caption was not a core feature and OEMs aren't necessarily supposed to implement it afaik leaving pixels none of the OEMs adopted it in android 10 let alone Asus
Same with android 11's feature to copy text from recents menu wasn't adopted by the majority,but at the same thing OEMs have so many features/customisations which pixel os doesn't offer

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156052#Comment_156052

Btw rog 1 doesn't have A10 yet🙂

View post
I know at one point it wasn't even confirmed to get android pie
I'd say that phone was an experimental first gen model and probably didn't sell that well
It did cost like 70k in India (1000$) at launch and didn't get good software support the 500$ Zenfone 5z comparatively is still getting updates and got android 10 quickly after its release

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156057#Comment_156057

Asus zen ui versions do add a decent amount of stuff

Battery limit features,new game genie features, redesigned recent apps menu,dialer has an pop up now,all core Zen ui apps updated to new design,updated optiflex, scheduled dark mode to name a few

So basically many of the core android 11 features are already present in Zen ui 7

Live caption was not a core feature and OEMs aren't necessarily supposed to implement it afaik leaving pixels none of the OEMs adopted it in android 10 let alone Asus

Same with android 11's feature to copy text from recents menu wasn't adopted by the majority,but at the same thing OEMs have so many features/customisations which pixel os doesn't offer

View post
I can count you 3-5 samsung devices, midrange ones with live captions, some of the realme/nokia ones.

"android 11's feature to copy text from recents ": Fact: it was pixel exclusive feature, you need actions service for that.

dialer has an pop up now: like finally? After so many years🤦‍♂️
scheduled dark mode: had to wait whole generation for this?🤦‍♂️
genie features: it an app, don't need zen 7 to do that, its just pre-planned obsolescence
Battery limit features: mod confirmed this won't be coming to R2 as its H/W dependent, I doy believe it is but I know it won't come either

Btw all this, is when Rog 2 will get major update, which I don't thik it will. Otherwise why would asus keep it quiet all along?😂 They like to announce / celebrate updates on social media.
Fact that there is no official clarity on this even after 18 months of device release, and considering history with A9 stuck R1, it's clear that R2 won't see any major update.
Plus delayed 3 monthly security update doesn't reassure too.!😂

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156059#Comment_156059

I can count you 3-5 samsung devices, midrange ones with live captions, some of the realme/nokia ones.

"android 11's feature to copy text from recents ": Fact: it was pixel exclusive feature, you need actions service for that.

dialer has an pop up now: like finally? After so many years🤦‍♂️

scheduled dark mode: had to wait whole generation for this?🤦‍♂️

genie features: it an app, don't need zen 7 to do that, its just pre-planned obsolescence

Battery limit features: mod confirmed this won't be coming to R2 as its H/W dependent, I doy believe it is but I know it won't come either

Btw all this, is when Rog 2 will get major update, which I don't thik it will. Otherwise why would asus keep it quiet all along?😂 They like to announce / celebrate updates on social media.

Fact that there is no official clarity on this even after 18 months of device release, and considering history with A9 stuck R1, it's clear that R2 won't see any major update.

Plus delayed 3 monthly security update doesn't reassure too.!😂

View post
They won't release any news regarding A11 for rog 2 until the launch of rog 5 market release and sales cause rog 2's bad news might spread and it might affect rog 5 sales so they'll tell us us that rog 2 won't get A11 after the rog 5 sales well
This is business

nationkid
Rising Star II
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156052#Comment_156052

Btw rog 1 doesn't have A10 yet🙂

View post
And it has actually been confirmed to never get it.