Did you mean: 

Wifi connection

Lagonein
Star I

i bought rog 8 pro 24/1TB

My wifi router is 2.4 G
My old ph Rog 3 is ok with the same router , in the same room( long range) but
my new ph rog8 pro is not ok, slow wifi speed in a long range 

I invited a person who bought rog 8 ( not pro) to my home and also use his ph rog 8 in the same place with my same router.
His ph rog 8 also not ok with wifi strength in a long range.

Then i tested another way
I share wifi hotspot (2.4g) of one android ph and
Two phones ( rog 3 and rog 8 pro) are connected to this same wifi hotspot but the results are different
Rog 3 can connect in a long range but rog 8 pro cant connect well 

Conclusion - i tested in two ways 
Router and wifi hotspot

I wanna know 
Are there any wifi connection problems in long range with rog 8 series phones??
5 REPLIES 5

Lagonein
Star I

@Mattias_ASUS 

Plz bro

Hi!
I've sent the information to the devs, thanks for letting me know!

Thx 🙏

Hi @Lagonein!
I got a reply from the team and they ask if you could provide a log of the device recreating the issue, this way they can check what is going on, in the post you mentioned you had a ROG3 in which it performed differently, is it possible to get a log from that one too doing the same thing at the same time? With this they can compare results.
I am writing the steps down below and feel free to send me a PM with the links to the logs when you are done 🙂
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “WiFi”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)