This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 8 Air trigger

Gochou
Star II

Just upgraded from 6 to 8 and it is a big disappointment. The whole purpose of buying the phone is because of the air trigger and with the updated phone, it doesn't work as good as before! Saw other posts on this issue and promised an update on software to resolve the issue but where is the update?

Please respond to this post!

18 REPLIES 18

Indeed, a 3 dollar clip-on  trigger from China works better than ROG 8.

Really hope that Asus can hear us and act on it soon.

Vikas_Rathore
Rising Star II

There is no software solution for this problem. Don't recommend anyone to buy this Phone.. Asus is kidding with all of us. They don't care about  their customers cause they already sold the units as they expected. 

I knew it will not fixed in future that's why i already switched on iPad for gaming.

iPad is cheaper then this and better in performance.

Never Trust this ROG brand in future cause i was using this Brand from last five years. Used every Phone from 2 ,3 ,5 ,7 and 8 from this series and they always disappointed with some faulty software and hardware issue. Like 5 has wifi issue, 6 has camera issue,3 has cooling issue and so on. 

Finally i decided to leave this brand.

It is also disappointing that it is an official forum without any formal reply from Asus. 

Hello, as mentioned above, the AirTrigger system in ROG Phone 8 is different from the earlier phones, needing to be pressed instead of touched.
We are looking at the issues and the teams are working in fixes and improvements.

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Hopefully, we can get an update asap. We are all loyal phone owners.