This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game crushing problem

juliomc02
Star I

Hello, I bought a rog phone 8 pro couple of weeks ago and since day 1 pokemon go app crushes randomly when battling, changing bewteen diferent menus and so. The phone was updated, restored to deafault, app of course reinstalled serveral times, even only installed that single app to see if it was trouble with other apps or games. I ended up returning the phone because it had other issues( fingerprint recognition, screen responsiveness, and wireless charging) thinking it might just be a faulty unit and ordering a new one. Well it turns out it still crushes the game( the other issues dont seem to be there but the wireless charging so it might just be that particular charger). I dont play much things on the phone but pokemon go but I did try other games and they dont crush so I just dont know what to look into to see what the problem is. I might just return it again and look into other brand. Last year I bough redmagic 8 pro because I like some of the gaming features of gaming phones but didnt what to spend that much, but the sowftware optimization its a nightmare so I decided to try a bigger brand like asus. I really want it to work because the phone fits all my needs, but I cant play the only game I play on my phone. What should I do or look into?

4 REPLIES 4

Mattias_ASUS

Hi!
I tried to recreate the issue but I could not manage to do it, could you maybe record a little video showing how to reproduce the issue?

juliomc02
Star I

Sure. I cannot tell you a specif thing to do as it happens when battleing or browsing through menus as I managed to record this time

@juliomc02 I did some digging and apparently this is an issue related to the game engine, I found this on Niantics own website and they are working together with the devs of the Unity engine to make the game work.
Certain Android devices may experience crashes — Pokémon GO Help Center (helpshift.com)

Thanks for finding out. I returned the phone already. If they find the solution I might think of buying again, at least I didn't buy an alternative yet because it would probably have been a phone with the same processor