This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update to A14 stuck on .241

Spbickmo
Star II

I've been trying to update to Android 14 but I can't seem to get the update or even enroll in the beta plan, it seems everyone else has been getting the update but I haven't seen anything, is there other steps I need to take to be provided with the update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Spbickmo
Star II

Update: I had done the live chat and had my issue escalated and I'm not sure if that resulted in my phone being given the option to update or if it was through this post, but I've updated to Android 14 now and I'm not really seeing any issues with how I normally use my phone. My whoop band connected which is a dream come true, and the new monochrome android setting is pretty nice.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ryan1969
Star I

@Spbickmoadpvantage wrote:

I've been trying to update to Android 14 but I can't seem to get the update or even enroll in the beta plan, it seems everyone else has been getting the update but I haven't seen anything, is there other steps I need to take to be provided with the update?

Hello, @Spbickmo 

I can see your post I give you my best, please see the below the info and follow step by step.

If you're unable to update to Android 14 and are stuck on a previous version, see below some step you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check for Updates Manually Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System updates. If an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
  • Enroll in the Beta Program: If you’re looking to enroll in the Android 14 beta program, visit the official Android Beta Program website and sign in with your Google account. Your eligible devices will be listed, and you can enroll them in the Beta Program. After enrolling, go to Settings > System > System Update to check for available downloads.
  • Samsung Members App: If you have a Samsung device, you can install the Samsung Members app from the Galaxy Store or Google Play Store. Open the app, log in with your Samsung Account, and look for the One UI beta program banner to enroll.
  • Wait for the Rollout: Updates are often rolled out in phases. If your device is eligible but hasn’t received the update yet, it may be due to the phased rollout process. Keep checking for updates periodically.

I hope my answer is helpful for you. If you want more details please tell me.

Best Regard,
ryan1969

The screenshot I attached before shows the results of your first solution.

The screenshot I'm attaching now shows the results of your second solution

This is an ROG Phone 7 thread so your third solution would not apply here

And as for the rollout, that is entirely possible, but I'm mostly asking is there's a way to update sooner rather than waiting for the update

JimiK
Rising Star I

Don't update to Android 14 it will ruin your phone. After the A14 system update, the performance of Rog 7 phones is really low and the games do not work cleanly and the gaming experience is unpleasant.

It may cause issues with some of the gaming features, but the main reason I want to update is because it fixes the Bluetooth functionality of devices that have not been working on A13.

I've been using my old rog Phone 2 on a12 to use my whoop band because it doesn't work with the ROG Phone 7 on A13 (do not try to give solutions for this, ive tried everything and thats not what this thread is for)

My rog phone 2 no longer turns on so I need to update to A14 on my rog phone 7 to continue using my whoop band.