This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Gpay.

Soccerburn55
Star II

I just got my ROG 7 ultimate and when going through to set up Gpay. I get a message stating that my phone does not meet security standards. It says it may be rooted or running uncertified software. There was an update when I turned on my phone the first time. Not sure if the update did something with Gpay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Soccerburn55
Star II

I ran the log process and when I opened up Google pay it still gave me the message above about uncertified software. While still in the log process it allowed me to add my cards to Google pay. So the issue has been resolved but I am unsure what specifically fixed the issue. There was an just an update to wallet and pay so I am unsure if this could attribute to fixing the issue. Either way my issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

xslogic
Star III

Yup... I noticed the same thing on my ROG Phone 7. I created this thread : https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-7/us-versions-of-rog-phone-7-does-not-work-with-google-wallet-...

Again, kindly requesting ASUS to fix this by notifying google of the complete list of ROG Phone 7 models

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Soccerburn55   @xslogic 

Thanks for your reply and our R&D team is looking into this issue.

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Soccerburn55 

Hi, would you please help provide log +video for us to analyze? If you are willing to help, please check PM for SOP. Thanks.

Titan_ASUS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Soccerburn55 

Apologies. Would you please also help check another two questions below? Thank you 

1. This issue occurs on specific credit card, or all cards on your Google account?

2. Please help download and then run "SafetyNet Test" app and provide a screenshot to see if status passed.

333.JPG