This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System lighting stops working after a while - ROG Phone 7 (non-ultimate)

xslogic
Star III

Hi

I have configured System lighting to turn on when screen off. By default it does the breathing thing, but I've configured it to display notifications from specific apps in different colors. It is awesome - when it works. Unfortunately, the System lighting just stops working after a while. I then have to turn it off and on from the settings menu for it to start working again. Anyone else with this issue ? I used to have a ROG phone 5 a couple of years ago, and it used to work perfectly, and TBH, was one of my fav features. It's sad that a unique feature of the phone doesn't work as expected. 

4 REPLIES 4

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @xslogic,
Could you please share a log along with a video recording of the issue?
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

So... this will not be possible.

I do not know WHEN the system lighting stops working... It just stops working randomly. I cannot keep the log running that long. There are times it works for a whole day, and it just suddenly stop after a while.

Again.. it is unfortunate that you have to make customers jump loops to reproduce an issue - this is something the ASUS customer support / engineering team should be doing.

Not sure if this would help, but sometimes, some 3rd party apps will cause issues, and it might be the case. I had a different issue where my ROG vision screen on 7 ultimate would suddenly be stuck on notifications after a while and it left me puzzled until I found out it's caused by a notification in a VPN app I use causes it to be stuck for some reason. I would advise you to try and look for a similar pattern if that helps.