This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 7 Ultimate Stuck in Boot Loop

ryououki
Star II

I have a US version ROG Phone 7 Ultimate that has been upgraded to Android 14 since March 2, 2024 and today was the first time I have rebooted the phone since the upgrade and am stuck in a boot loop where the phone boots up and gets to the unlock screen, but then after a couple seconds shows the ROG logo again and a few seconds later goes back to the unlock screen over and over again.

I tried steps I found of others mentioning the same problem of boot looping for the ROG Phone 7 on Reddit.  Steps recommended were plugging phone in for a few minutes, PWR+VOLDown for reboots, safe mode booting does not work, and leaving plugged in to power for over 30 minutes. None of those steps worked.

After several things tried, I found something that consistently works for me so far to stop the boot looping. By ejecting the SIM card from the phone, the phone will do the boot loop 1 or 2 more times and then stay up with no issues, except that the cellular service is unavailable. However, if I reinsert the SIM card again, the boot looping starts up again until I remove the SIM card again. I have tried it in SIM card slots 1 and 2 with same results. I have also tried different SIM cards as well with same results.

When I originally upgraded to Android 14 on my ROG Phone 7 Ultimate, it went to version WW_Phone-34.1010.0820.60-0. After figuring out leaving the SIM card out stopped the boot looping and I could use the phone again, I checked for an update and there was one that upgraded it to WW_Phone-34.1010.0820.65-0. However this update did nothing to fix my problem.

I am posting this up in case it helps someone else with the same problem to at least be able to get to their data and apps on the phone. I can't deal with a factory reset at this time though but at least I can back up configurations of apps on the phone in case I have to go that route. However, it is seriously ridiculous that these flagship phones would have this issue!

ASUS we need a fix for this!  I am attaching a video showing the problem as well.

52 REPLIES 52

Gutter_Fool
Rising Star I

Everyone, apparently Mod Mansi_ASUS has responded to a new Zenfone 9 boot loop thread, stating that the R&D Team has found the problem and is working on a fix as of 7 hours ago from typing this.

Found here: Zenfone 9 Boot Looping 

Gutter_Fool
Rising Star I

ROG 7 Users! An update addressing the AT&T SIM Card issue has been released! Announcement found here: 3/28/2024 ROG 7 Android Update 

Downloading update now, will report back!

Okay so while I'm scared to restart the phone I can at least say that after updating I am having NO ISSUES with mobile data or wifi!!!! WOOOHOO

Hsnyd
Star II

Any mentions on an update for the ROG Phone 6?