This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i block Android updates for the ROG phone 7?

USER-411732
Star II

Under the system update "app" no this phone, the option to NOT update is greyed out.

im going to return the phone if i can't kill updates.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

So i found a really weird work around solution.

Your solution was greyed out initially, right? You go to the Android 13 update screen, and the Wifi option is grey and unselectable, and the "never allow" is greyed out too.

So i of course looked for a solution the phone can't stop - A Software firewall. Netguard did the trick. Blocked the ports and the domains . The phone can no longer get updates.

So i checked the update screen again, like you described - And after the screen checked on update status and timed out in like 30 seconds. The options popped up no longer greyed out.

So..... mission accomplished? Thanks for offering a solution.

View solution in original post

after installing some firewall apps on play store, i found out the asus update server addresses. they're "152.199.43.245" and "103.10.4.184". block those ip addresses and your phone will no longer receive any updates

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mattias_ASUS

Hi!

If you go to Settings -> System -> System update -> Press the cogwheel on the top right corner -> Press "Automatically download and install" Select "Do not allow"

So i found a really weird work around solution.

Your solution was greyed out initially, right? You go to the Android 13 update screen, and the Wifi option is grey and unselectable, and the "never allow" is greyed out too.

So i of course looked for a solution the phone can't stop - A Software firewall. Netguard did the trick. Blocked the ports and the domains . The phone can no longer get updates.

So i checked the update screen again, like you described - And after the screen checked on update status and timed out in like 30 seconds. The options popped up no longer greyed out.

So..... mission accomplished? Thanks for offering a solution.

hi! can you share the domain and port? i want to block it too

asus used to force me to update to the latest firmware even when i don't allow it to do that. i'm afraid that asus will do that again

I cannot because it was done Automagically through Net Guard which is a freemium app in the playstore.

If you want to replicate what i did, install that app, make sure you tell it to toggle on the ability to manage system apps, and tell the app to block "System Update" in it's settings.