This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANDAID Fix on ASUS phone

Zekatsuma
Star II

I still care for my asus phone after these issues... hoping for asus to fix it ASAP while getting information from these bandaid fixes

These BANDAID fixes worked for me and reduced my system temp by 2c (from 46c > 42c ofc)
1. Uninstall YOUTUBE latest version update (some phone brands overheat in the latest youtube version)
2.Disable Video Enhancement setting
Under Power Optimization
3. Disable Detect battery-draining apps

4. Set refresh rate to 90hz or lower
5. Disable Always-on Panel (it is off by default)

Under Application Settings
6. Set Armoury Crate to Restricted battery usage

Under Advanced Settings
7.  Disable Game Genie (performance in playing will go down ofc.... i saw samsung GOS causing overheat in some thread and tried it on our asus phone... and for some reason it decreased the overall temperature of the phone even when idle)
8. Disable Twin Apps
9. Disable OptiFlex (This thing decreased my phone temps by noticable amount 2c)

I know you guys wanted to use our ROG Phones at its full potential but using it at max could lead our phones in a deadboot state...

btw anyone with other BANDAID Fixes might want to comment here so that asus could get information on what apps could be responsible in overheating

@Sam1991 @Mattias_ASUS @Titan_ASUS 

1000000159.png

 update on my temps after applying the band aid

9 REPLIES 9

Zekatsuma
Star II

Additional information: When charging it overheats alot as @c9Ba said on the previous thread .... I was experiencing it too on my phone

Sam1991
Rising Star II

Thanks for the info brother but it's has been more than 8 days that I have TURNED MY PHONE OFF and switched back to my old phone because I don't want high overheating break down the CPU or the BATTERY on my ROG phone 7.

Any updates on overheating issue @Mattias_ASUS  ??

Safeer3000
Rising Star I

The most shocking here is the members are trying to search for solutions while f* ASUS developers and employees did nothing, they are loser

Mattias_ASUS

To the people experiencing this issue: I am gathering logs for the dev team regarding this issue, for this to actually work the logs need to be created while using the phone normally and please write down the timestamp on when the heating is occurring, when you are done please send me a PM with the link for the logs.
The steps to create the log are here:
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)