This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANDAID Fix on ASUS phone

Zekatsuma
Star III

I still care for my asus phone after these issues... hoping for asus to fix it ASAP while getting information from these bandaid fixes

These BANDAID fixes worked for me and reduced my system temp by 2c (from 46c > 42c ofc)
1. Uninstall YOUTUBE latest version update (some phone brands overheat in the latest youtube version)
2.Disable Video Enhancement setting
Under Power Optimization
3. Disable Detect battery-draining apps

4. Set refresh rate to 90hz or lower
5. Disable Always-on Panel (it is off by default)

Under Application Settings
6. Set Armoury Crate to Restricted battery usage

Under Advanced Settings
7.  Disable Game Genie (performance in playing will go down ofc.... i saw samsung GOS causing overheat in some thread and tried it on our asus phone... and for some reason it decreased the overall temperature of the phone even when idle)
8. Disable Twin Apps
9. Disable OptiFlex (This thing decreased my phone temps by noticable amount 2c)

I know you guys wanted to use our ROG Phones at its full potential but using it at max could lead our phones in a deadboot state...

btw anyone with other BANDAID Fixes might want to comment here so that asus could get information on what apps could be responsible in overheating

@Sam1991 @Mattias_ASUS @Titan_ASUS 

1000000159.png

 update on my temps after applying the band aid

9 REPLIES 9

Shout out to all the people who are having overheating issue and other problems please follow the moderator instruction and send your log so our overheating issue and other problems can be solved by the next update, hopefully.

@toganstuff @Saurav_7 @jirk223 @Akira58 @iswaraKITT @llfranco17ll @Junior001 @Ahmadrivai84 @Ryuuki2023 

yes, I'm going for it, and hopefully others will too

Shout out to all the people who are having overheating issue and other problems please follow the moderator instruction and send your log so our overheating issue and other problems can be solved by the next update, hopefully.

@Zekatsuma @c9Ba @Safeer3000 @Arlo @decoy1999 @DaddyJIGB @ric3 @CleverRuby @snowdance @AvvyGoa 

@DarkShield @Nelsonlee2023 @Tonyz @Shadow1990 @Disappointed_us @Ditsanity 

snowdance
Rising Star II

3 + 5 + 7 + 9 does help reduce the temp, although it still high compared to android 13 temp, will share my log to @Mattias_ASUS for checking

previously with max setting my phone never touch more than 41 degree even if it used to game for 2 hour (android 13), now with med setting it  will touch 44/45 degree with just 30 min (bandaid fix did help reduce the temp by 2 celcius)

ps: it's only mobile legend, so can't imagine what happen to other who used the phone to play game with more cpu/gpu hungry game