This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 14 Beta or something?

PS5ProROG
Star II

Seeing that Android 14 OS is now available, I question if this is the COMPLETE or just in BETA phase? Cause seeing everyone here in this thread are having a lot of issues regarding the Android 14 OS update on ROG Phone 7, was about to reboot to update it until I decided to check on this forum just in case and I was right now to update it immediately after downloading it (Reboot Now). 

Now my worry is in the 2nd pic, will it update or reboot the A14 itself or it won't and as long as I don't press the Reboot Now. Hopefully ASUS would patch it up as soon as possible, seeing how many of ROG Phone 7 users are really pissed about it. 

Finally I hope this isn't ASUS doing it (ala iPhone users to purposefully downgrade their iPhones to upgrade to their latest ones) to their customers to "upgrade" to ROG Phone 8, cause that's just low blow given how expensive ROG Phones are (even Nubia Red Magic phones too).

8 REPLIES 8

Jaga_Lilin
Rising Star I

For now try using official profile for each game it's quite helping 

Yes that one too, maybe also Optiflex? For now I'm still on Android 13 and finished downloading Android 14 until I heck this forum, so yyeah like I said hopefully I don't accidentally press Reboot Now or if it will auto update to Android 14 overnight. 

ric3
Rising Star I

"I am quite disappointed with this latest update (Android 14). I thought that with the update to Android 14, it would be much better than Android 13, but it turns out things have gotten worse. There may be some improvements, for example, in the FPS of the Mobile Legends game, but many other issues have not been addressed. Back when I was on Android 13, I played Mobile Legends, and the highest temperature reached around 45 degrees. Now, after the update, the temperature has increased to 47 degrees, and the battery consumption has also increased. As a result, when it reaches 47 degrees, the FPS drops, and the phone becomes very hot, even though I'm only playing three matches of Mobile Legends."

Xextreem
Star I

My ultimate OS 14 bug is Android auto not working it says connecting and that's it. Asus Armory X-modus+ stays in off modus and stuck in ultra power save mode *green one. Also, Wifi sharing in the hot spot is not possible anymore it keeps enabling data and disabling the wifi. The HDMI connection is bugged then it works then nothing just a dark red screen. And a lot of small things that just don't work. It`s not all bad. However, the wifi (remote connection) worked perfectly to host and the setup for data transfer between phone and PC was smooth. More Bluetooth connections work perfectly (1 for music 1 for the phone and 1 for headphones. A mouse and a keyboard too) no drops no errors`s no disconnection.

After a lot of reboots thinkering in settings, the Android auto works again. The Wi-Fi hotspot works now with 1 wifi connected to outside 5 users and the remote control works with TV broadcast enabled too. No lag nothing it just works. However, x-modus+ not working even after resetting the settings and removing the software (uninstall it) using adb and tinkering with some outside options. Nope, no luck. Using the debug option I found a lot of work around for now.

The best way is do not update it but if you read this you have already done it and back to 13 is not possible.