Segun
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My rog phone 6 just arrived today. Some tips that you can give a new phone user like the best settings for armory crate, etc some basic stuff that a new rog phone 6 user doesn't know. Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone
9 REPLIES 9

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I don't know if you will have any answers during this holiday season and since you have not taken the previous advice into account, I hope for you that you will take these into account.
IF you are lucky to have received it with Firmware less than .216 turn off auto-update so it doesn't install .216 or .220 and check the threads next week to see if the next firmware will fix finally the Audio problems.
Do not leave it on the charger at night (or on the contrary leave it to charge overnight during the phone reimbursement period (7 days), so that if it no longer lights up, you can return it 🙂
Take a few dozen photos, before the period where you can get a refund has elapsed, it will save you from sending it to the service center to change the motherboard.

sorry for my optimist

Segun
Star I
FunBike31

I don't know if you will have any answers during this holiday season and since you have not taken the previous advice into account, I hope for you that you will take these into account.

IF you are lucky to have received it with Firmware less than .216 turn off auto-update so it doesn't install .216 or .220 and check the threads next week to see if the next firmware will fix finally the Audio problems.

Do not leave it on the charger at night (or on the contrary leave it to charge overnight during the phone reimbursement period (7 days), so that if it no longer lights up, you can return it 🙂

Take a few dozen photos, before the period where you can get a refund has elapsed, it will save you from sending it to the service center to change the motherboard.

sorry for my optimist

View post
What do you mean if it no longer lights up? Like if it dies?===) Also, I am stupid so excuse me but where can I see the firmware? In the about section, I have the build number which is WW_32.2810.2204.61. I also have an update downloaded which is 32.2810.2208.160 but I didn't reboot my phone to install it yet.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Die yes after charging overnight, several cases already, same for the Photo module (change of colors, image flipped and click sound when triggered)
It's still not as systematic a defect as the failures of ROG 5 and ZF8, the worst on this model are the last two firmwares, not the hardware, at least if you avoid putting it in trouser pockets.
I believe that the .160 does not have the Audio problems yet, anyway, it's too late once downloaded, he has modified a file which tells him to finalize the update on reboot.
Remove your WiFi before rebooting otherwise it will also download the next one, you will reactivate the wifi after telling it not to update.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
build number which is WW_32.2810.2204.61

this is the firmware version, you are in the right place