This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 6 wifi speed plummets when not close to the home router but works fine with neighbor wifi?

Tendou_Arisu
Star I

I bought the device a week ago and it's wonderful. But I've not been able to use the home wifi since every time i move out of the room where we place the router. Every other devices in my family works fine with the current wifi we have but the ROG phone internet is nowhere to be seen. For context, the wifi signal is always at full strength but the actual internet speed is below 1 Mbps while the wifi settings says the connection is somewhat between 220-300 Mbps. When I try the neighbors router, the phone connected seamlessly and the internet works fine. I tried the wifi at the retailer where i bought the phone and it's fine.

What did I come across here ?

3 REPLIES 3

excavation5
Rising Star II

Is your router dual band? 

If is dual band try to use this setting

Screenshot_20230810-183925_Settings_1.jpg

 the phone will start to use 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz band at the same time than in theory will help for better speed , stability and lower latency 

Also if that help write here to share what happened 

My router is just an oem wifi 4 router

Doesnt metter what is the brand of the router is metted what band support dual band or single band i explain you what to do on the screenshot