This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 "repair" on a brand new phone

Jernyang
Star II
I purchased an ROG phone 6 on the 29th of October. Barely a week using it, stock condition, no root, latest firmware, the camera and fingerprint reader starts to malfunction. (Unable to read fingerprints nor start the camera)
I brought it to the local service center in Singapore and they said a motherboard replacement was required.
For a brand spanking new premium phone at more than $1k, would it not be reasonable for it to be completely replaced than to be repaired?
Surely the opening and changing of parts within will affect the ultimate longevity and quality of the product.
As such, I would not recommend this product at all based on this experience.
15 REPLIES 15

FunBike31
Community Legend I
"Surely the opening and changing of parts within will affect the ultimate longevity and quality of the product."
Lol, A week of use and you think it could be worse :), and unfortunately you're right.
In your misfortune you are lucky, your ROG6 did not give you time to suffer the other bugs Wifi, mobile, audio, restart ....
Demand a refund and go elsewhere, get an idea of the number of problems awaiting you by consulting the messages in this Rog6 section

I don't know about consumer protection in your country, what is certain is that it is a defect that affects many new Rog6s and not a software bug and should be treated by ASUS by replacing or refunding the hardware.
This post to help you
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63972/having-weird-camera-issues-crashes-any-fix#latest

Jernyang
Star II
Seems like I am beating a dead horse. But having said that my ROG 2 was fine and the reason I thought the 6 would be worth buying.
Hopefully Asus can redeem themselves from this disappointing experience.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Jernyang

Seems like I am beating a dead horse. But having said that my ROG 2 was fine and the reason I thought the 6 would be worth buying.

Hopefully Asus can redeem themselves from this disappointing experience.

View post
That's what everyone was hoping for after what was believed to be the worst smartphone ever, namely the Rog 5. Asus proved to us that it could do even worse with the ROG 6

GRIDAS
Star I
I do not understand something, why you all buy this phone and then complain about it? Buy Iphone and be happy. BTW, 6 is my first ROG phone and without some software issues, that are not so bad, I'm pleased with the phone so far. I use it daily and play really hard on it, no overheating whatsoever, battery is passable. I'm not a "fanboy" but this is ridiculous, on every thread I read, only crying how bad and fragile it is, what do you use it for, as a hammer? It's a PHONE, not a tennis racket, handle it with some care or are you incapable of that? That is the end of my rant. And yes, I came here for a bug, but it was already resolved.