This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6,Problems with battery level display

Wuttiphat
Star I

I have to preface that I have enabled the battery charge limit function at 90% since I received the device for 10 months. Then one day there was a problem that I noticed as follows.
          I've been having problems using my phone recently. The problem is that the ROG Phone 6's battery percentage does not increase beyond 86% when I turn off the battery charge limit function from 90% back to 100%.
          I've noticed that when I use my phone after an issue, the battery percentage drops from 86% to 85%. It takes a very long time. At that time, I used the phone to watch movies continuously for over an hour, and the battery still didn't drop even 1%, so I continued using it. It dropped 1% from 86% to 85%. I don't remember exactly how long it took.
          From my observation, it is as if the battery percentage status display system is not consistent with the actual amount of battery that is available at that time.

And there's no way my phone usage habits will prevent the battery from deteriorating faster than normal. Because I have never used the phone to get hotter than 42C for a continuous period of time. And never let the phone get hot or expose to the sun. And never let the battery remain lower than 20%, very rarely it will be lower than 20% about 3-4 times since receiving the device. Most of the time I charge it when the battery is in the 60-70% range for most of my usage.
          P.S. And recently, after I encountered the above problem for three or four days, I discovered that the battery could not be charged more than 81% even after canceling the battery charge limit function.
          P.S. I have restarted the device several times and it didn't fix it. And tried charging the phone while it was off and still encountered the same problem as mentioned above.

1 REPLY 1

malaika121
Star II

Hi @Wuttiphat 

It sounds like you may have a problem with your ROG Phone 6's battery. It is possible that the battery charge limit function has caused the battery to become unbalanced. This can happen if the battery is not allowed to fully charge or discharge on a regular basis.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the battery itself. If the battery is damaged or defective, it may not be able to hold a charge properly.

To troubleshoot the problem, you can try the following:

1. Try charging the phone using a different charger.
  2. Try charging the phone in a different location.
  3. Try resetting the phone to factory defaults.
  4. If the problem persists, you may need to contact ASUS support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips for extending the lifespan of your phone's battery:

1. Avoid letting the battery completely discharge.
  2. Avoid keeping the battery at 100% for extended periods of time.
  3. Use a cooling pad to help keep the phone cool.
  4. Avoid using the phone in hot environments.
  5. Avoid using the phone while it is charging.

By following these tips, you can help to extend the lifespan of your phone's battery and reduce the risk of battery failure.

If you have tried all of the above and the problem persists, it is likely that you will need to replace the battery. You can contact ASUS support for assistance with this.