This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 6 - Opening Camera app puts phone into a short bootloop

jommy
Star I

I've tried doing some research online, some folks say its a software issue, some say its a hardware issue, personally I do feel that its a software issue, because if I remember to clear the cache and storage of the stock camera app, the issue doesn't happen before I open it.

I've downloaded Open Camera to see if a different app will get around the problem, but I can't change the default camera app, so I'm likely to make the mistake of opening it without remembering to clear the cache. Sort of defeats the purpose as well, I often need quick access to a camera.

Anyone else had this issue and got it fixed? Hoping a firmware update will resolve, but there hasn't been one for a while. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

jayliousy
Star I

I did encounter this but it only happens when I use the "Camera" feature from WhatsApp. Twice, it hang and put my phone into a short bootloop. It's hard to replicate this issue because now it's working normally again.

Do it right after gaming or while charging for a couple of minutes, it should bootloop again. Common issue with camera cuircut.

Mattias_ASUS

Have you tried resetting your phone?

Which firmware version are you on? You can find your Version by going to Settings -> About phone -> Build number

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I