jajabinx35
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Can any rog phone 6 owners bend their phone and check if it snaps? If it does, can you let me know?
Just kidding, but seriously after watching a certain video about the Rog Phone 5...can any Rog Phone 6 owners tell us if it has a 'durable feeling'? The last solid and strong design was probably the Rog Phone 3. But let's see what any owners here say...
10 REPLIES 10

FunBike31
Community Legend I
t-c3-a9l-c3-a9chargement.png
t-c3-a9l-c3-a9chargement-281-29.png
You don't need to own a ROG 6 to know the durability, it's the same design, the same battery in 2 top and bottom elements, the share in the middle and the difference in weight (1- 2 gr) indicates the same chassis, the result is therefore known in advance
Asus should make a special ROG 5 and 6 pictogram
Forbidden to sit or better pockets prohibited

jajabinx35
Star III
Bit of a shame...Was watching teardown videos and while the battery placement is the same, there was some differences in between the battery which I was hoping would allow the bend test to be more durable.
I never put my phone in my back pocket....but yeah it will probably stick out on the side pockets due to the size.
My Rog Phone 2 died earlier this year. Was really sad it gave up as I was very happy with the phone and would have kept it for a few more years. I've pre-ordered the rog phone 6 but the bend test situation makes me a bit nervous. I wonder if there are any aftermarket rugged phone case that can help prevent it from accidentally getting snapped in half....

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jajabinx35

Bit of a shame...Was watching teardown videos and while the battery placement is the same, there was some differences in between the battery which I was hoping would allow the bend test to be more durable.

I never put my phone in my back pocket....but yeah it will probably stick out on the side pockets due to the size.

My Rog Phone 2 died earlier this year. Was really sad it gave up as I was very happy with the phone and would have kept it for a few more years. I've pre-ordered the rog phone 6 but the bend test situation makes me a bit nervous. I wonder if there are any aftermarket rugged phone case that can help prevent it from accidentally getting snapped in half....

View post
The bend test isnt the worrysome part.
Also if you have a heatgun at home you have a very decent chance of getting your rog2 back to life.

jajabinx35
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224114#Comment_224114

The bend test isnt the worrysome part.

Also if you have a heatgun at home you have a very decent chance of getting your rog2 back to life.

View post
Ok, you got my attention. You see, I have soldering skills and have opened small devices as a hobby. I don't mind disecting my Rog Phone 2. But....I wouldn't really know what to change.
I can explain what happened. One day I was charging the phone and using it at the same time. It froze and I had these purple verticle lines appear and then it switched off. It never turned back on after that. I felt it may be a serious hardware issue, but if it's a common issue and there is a fix, i'm all ears and would like to try it...