Christophur
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 6
Firmware Version: latest version
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: after 3rd day of usage
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Battery backup on Rog phone 6 is only 10hrs even after a factory reset. I reached out to service center, they had the phone for a week and tested and said battery is all good. But when I went there and checked, battery was draining crazy fast (5% under 25mins). I reported to them but they said thats pretty normal and returned the phone.
I have screenshots of proof that shows battery draining fast over time of just using Instagram for 2 mins.
And I also have a screenshot took by service person (Authentic ASUS Service Center) . That screenshot shows on 1hr of Instagram usage on 100% full charge, the battery drained to 91% and battery backup was showing 9hrs.
And they said it's normal. I need a replacement ASAP.
screenshot-20221210-163725-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221205-164958-settings.jpg
screenshot-20221210-162633-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221210-162316-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221210-161718-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221210-160633-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221206-180100-settings.jpg
screenshot-20221210-162952-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221210-161021-asus-launcher.jpg

Note: screenshots of home screen is where you can notice battery drain over time on exploring settings and 2mins of Instagram usage. I got the phone from service center with 60% of charge..
And also there was no sim insterted and it was fully used over Wifi
11 REPLIES 11

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I don't understand that with this response from an ASUS service center who finds this use normal you haven't initiated a return procedure?, in any case, this indicates their skills, so avoid this service center .

It is rare to receive a new phone and that it is up to date with the latest firmware, so check if there is a system update.

A recent Google Play Store version has this huge battery consumption bug, after the firmware update(s), you open the Play Store, click on your profile picture (top right corner), then on Settings, About and finally on Update Play Store
He will tell you if it is day or if you have to do it and in this case do it there.

Christophur
Star I
Hi, thanks for the response! My firmware and playstore are up to date.
1. For return policy, it should be returned within 7 days of purchase - Yes, I gave it to the service center within 7 days asking for DOA
2. They checked the phone with SMMI test and it showed "pass" for Battery so they are saying battery is good.
3. When I asked whether they checked battery backup percentage, they said "I didn't clearly check that but the battery is in good condition"
4. I asked whether I can come back again if I face the issue.. they said at that time DOA will not be applicable.
They had the phone for a week saying "we are yet to receive update from internal team" not sure what they tested. I even asked for the battery report which they said they did but they didn't give me the report saying we cannot give you the report.
I called ASUS support right then and there explained him the situation and he also demanded the service centre to provide DOA. But still they didnt.
Support person said he will raise a Case for replacement of the phone but still I haven't received any mail/message regarding that.
Not sure what to do..

FunBike31

I don't understand that with this response from an ASUS service center who finds this use normal you haven't initiated a return procedure?, in any case, this indicates their skills, so avoid this service center .

It is rare to receive a new phone and that it is up to date with the latest firmware, so check if there is a system update.

A recent Google Play Store version has this huge battery consumption bug, after the firmware update(s), you open the Play Store, click on your profile picture (top right corner), then on Settings, About and finally on Update Play Store

He will tell you if it is day or if you have to do it and in this case do it there.

View post

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The visible individual consumptions seem normal, but unfortunately we can't be so proud because some services are not displayed as demonstrated by Google with its play store which drained the battery in a few hours and did not appear in the list of applications of battery usage.
the SMMI test is not better, it is ok with a used battery that has only 4400mAh left, and even worse as in this post on a ROG5
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66251/rog-phone-5s-pro-do-not-have-rear-touch-after-going-for...

In summary, there may be a service involved but not visible or a faulty battery
Did you check all the options of the battery module, adaptive battery, detect consuming applications (on), management of background applications (on), battery optimization (list not optimized)
On a new phone, the most common is a synchronization in the background of google accounts, messaging, chrome which does not succeed.
You can try using native apps in safe mode, long press the power button
A faulty battery can be tested by measuring the capacity from 0 to 100% phone off with a USB tester.
Without a tester, install a battery application (be careful, many do not support dual battery phones), 3C Battery Manager works on ROGs
Drain phone almost to 0%
Connect it to the mains, run 3C battery, put in Airplane mode, turn off the screen and do not use it until the green led and 15 additional minutes then look in the status or calibration screen
You should have a value close to 5700

Christophur
Star I
When I first unboxed the phone I immediately update to latest firmware and transferred all apps and account over. The first 3 days of use the battery was fantastic.. solid 25+hrs of charge for regular use. No battery drain was noticed. One evening I put the phone on charge and left it for almost two hours 1hr 50mins plugged in (But ig that shouldn't be a problem) even I was using ASUS adaptor shipped with the box. I started noticing battery drain after that.
I reached to ASUS and they suggested the below:
"This email is regarding your concern related to battery.
Our team has reverted and informed that to do the below activity. This activity updates the battery charging & discharging cycle & gives you a proper backup.

> To recalibrate the battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).
> Charge it to 100% in switched-off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.
> Now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when the ASUS logo appears. Keep the phone unused for 5 mins.
> You will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated."

I followed this exactly and now the battery backup estimate is ridiculously wrong.
On 100% it showed 4days and 18hrs
On regular use battery drained same way 5% for 25mins of use. - the estimate showed 4days 5hrs (approx)
And when the battery was about 10% the estimate showed 22hrs (approx)
By 1% it was still showing 6hrs (approx)
But I felt like battery backup was less than 9hrs.
Not sure what went wrong there 😞
Just took a screenshot now and attached.
screenshot-20221211-212651-armoury-crate.jpg