waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

ZT959595
Rising Star II
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
For Point 4, I think it might be due to "Remove permissions and free up space" setting. Go to the app's android setting, and turn it off.
Also, I turned off "Adaptive Battery", "OptiFlex" and "Background app management". I think all these battery management features are more trouble than they are worth.

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
waxy78611

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.

2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5

3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)

7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.

10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.

Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.

Review of Rog 6 so far
the ROG Phone 6 you testing is a Tencent Model? Which Country you in? I surprise you able to get Rog Phone 6 in a quite fast manner.
Have you try to do some heavy gaming session?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Review of Rog 6 so far
1.) Calling bs here. Battery is about the same as Rog5, the reason you feel there is a difference is due to the fact that your Rog5 has degraded its battery over time rather quickly. According to more professional reviews the Rog6 is around the same as Rog5 in light usage and heavy usage + cooler Rog6 battery drops much quicker.
2.) Interestingly they did the same on the Rog5, it started punchy and nice but got way weaker over the updates, main complaint, iirc you were also one of the people complaining about that.
3.) This is going to be an issue later down the line.
4.) Probably getting fixed over software updates.
5.) I think u'd do the community a favor and actually show us something, also with or without cooler? Go to games are: Genshin impact, Pubg, CODM and League of Legends. We heard how great the Rog5 is supposed to be only to find out its a clown fiesta.
6.) when VoLTE works and doesnt get broken by ASUS, we know the drill there.
7.) A12 is a major upgrade to A11.
8.) Has been mentioned often, the algorythm isnt really done yet by ASUS.
9.) Literally identical do Rog5 and very slow compared to competition and mainstream phones.
10.) Is usually determined by coverage of your provider rather than the phone.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62322/review-of-rog-6-so-far

1.) Calling bs here. Battery is about the same as Rog5, the reason you feel there is a difference is due to the fact that your Rog5 has degraded its battery over time rather quickly. According to more professional reviews the Rog6 is around the same as Rog5 in light usage and heavy usage + cooler Rog6 battery drops much quicker.

2.) Interestingly they did the same on the Rog5, it started punchy and nice but got way weaker over the updates, main complaint, iirc you were also one of the people complaining about that.

3.) This is going to be an issue later down the line.

4.) Probably getting fixed over software updates.

5.) I think u'd do the community a favor and actually show us something, also with or without cooler? Go to games are: Genshin impact, Pubg, CODM and League of Legends. We heard how great the Rog5 is supposed to be only to find out its a clown fiesta.

6.) when VoLTE works and doesnt get broken by ASUS, we know the drill there.

7.) A12 is a major upgrade to A11.

8.) Has been mentioned often, the algorythm isnt really done yet by ASUS.

9.) Literally identical do Rog5 and very slow compared to competition and mainstream phones.

10.) Is usually determined by coverage of your provider rather than the phone.

View post
1. So you're more knowledgeable than GSMArena ? Even GSMArena confirmed battery is better on rog 6.
2. nope, bass was always and still is better on rog 5, they've changed something in the Rog 6
5. I don't "game". My comparisons are done with normal usage.
7. Although a "major upgrade", still has bugs similar to a12 on rog 5