Goelden
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 6
Firmware Version: 197
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

So i apologize if this is a obvious question, but in my defense i'm new to Android, haven't had one since i was 16 (now 28). I'm wondering if there aren't any full protective cases for the rog phone 6? such as how the iphones have lifeproof cases? Basically the last thing i want is to accidentally drop it and it easily crack the screen.

Just wondering if there isn't something better than the $12 cases that you can currently find on amazon that aren't full cases. Just a back and a screen protector.

Also, is there any better launchers that don't negatively affect performance? Or is the default asus launcher the best as far as performance. Would like to get a better looking launcher, with more customization options, but if it cost performance then i guess i have to choose performance or appearance.

6 REPLIES 6

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
Thanks for your question, I myself tend to be a bit clumsy so I'm using the Devilcase for ROG Phone 6, which has saved my phone from accidents more than I would like to admit.
Regarding launchers? The ROG Launcher is pretty close to stock and does not mess with performance as some of the ones with many graphical extras, but maybe someone else here might have another recommendation 🙂

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Goelden

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 197
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So i apologize if this is a obvious question, but in my defense i'm new to Android, haven't had one since i was 16 (now 28). I'm wondering if there aren't any full protective cases for the rog phone 6? such as how the iphones have lifeproof cases? Basically the last thing i want is to accidentally drop it and it easily crack the screen.

Just wondering if there isn't something better than the $12 cases that you can currently find on amazon that aren't full cases. Just a back and a screen protector.

Also, is there any better launchers that don't negatively affect performance? Or is the default asus launcher the best as far as performance. Would like to get a better looking launcher, with more customization options, but if it cost performance then i guess i have to choose performance or appearance.

Question regarding phone case and best launcher for Rog phone 6
Cases for the Rog6 are rather scarce.
As for Launcher, IMO the rog launcher is by far the best one out there, its focused on performance over design. If you like something more customizable then there is only really 1 out there and thats nova launcher, it's by far the most popular launcher for people who want maximum control and customization.

thuggs
Rising Star I
Case designers are prioritizing gaming first. Which means and open style case that allows access to the shoulder bumpers.
If you want a full style case get some of the portfolio style ones with front covers. They are just as thick as life cases and the front cover protects as well.

For launchers i use Nova prime and love it. No issues with performance and it's highly customizable.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Gölden
After a few weeks of use with your ROG6 if you still need a launcher come back and ask the question if you lack ideas, since I have the ROG5 it's not the ideas that I miss, the ideal would be Cape Canaveral but it's a bit inaccessible, however I have alternative solutions 😁