This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with audio, loses quality when touching volume button.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 6
Firmware Version: .97
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the new update, the audio improved. But I have noticed one thing. When I turn on the phone, without touching the volume button, the audio is amazingly good, but the instant I hit the volume button, the audio quality worsens, returning to the same sound as before the update. You have to restart the phone again to recover the quality of the last update and not touch the volume button, I don't know if I have explained myself correctly. Please check this and fix it.
7 REPLIES 7

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
This is likley happening due to audiowizard taking over the moment you touch the button.

PhenomFX
Star III
Can confirm it.
Also the latest .134 ruined the speaker quality even further, and i think it lower the Ohmp of the headphone DAC.
ASUS really needs to fix it asap, that's not the product we were promised or bought.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
With this latest update, this button issue has been fixed. I still think the audio is good. I'm based on a comparison (phones in hand) to rog3 and my girlfriend's iPhone 13pro, and I guarantee you that the audio is not bad. But there are many opinions for this... so, I prefer not to comment more. The important thing is that the volume button bug is now fixed. One bug less.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

With this latest update, this button issue has been fixed. I still think the audio is good. I'm based on a comparison (phones in hand) to rog3 and my girlfriend's iPhone 13pro, and I guarantee you that the audio is not bad. But there are many opinions for this... so, I prefer not to comment more. The important thing is that the volume button bug is now fixed. One bug less.

View post
May the cope be with you.
@PhenomFX Rog5 users are begging for an audio fix since over 1 year and got nothing. @waxy78611 is still furious about how the audio has went downhill on his rog5 and the only way to get the quality back is to revert to an insecure old as hell firmware. Do absolutely not expect it to get fixed or finetuned, it will stay as is.