This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the Rog series is about to die

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Sony is holding a gaming-related Xperia launch event on September 12Considering ASUS probably won't be able to step up their game drasticly this could kill of the ROG lineup for good. Sony knows their playerbase best and have created legendary phones such as the xperia play.
Guess this contender is going to be the final nail in the coffin as ASUS struggles to keep up with nubia in the asian market and now will lose its global buyers to sony.

46 REPLIES 46

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/228171#Comment_228171

I mean, if you see the RM7 is buggy why talking about it, there are other better brands out there if that is the case.

View post
Because people who use it as a primary device for gaming don't care about other usecases. If features that are related to normal use are little buggy that's not a deal breaker for someone who mainly plays games on it and maybe use messenger at best.
The Rm7 has small bugs that are mildy annoying while the Rog6 has major bugs and issues. The Rm7 is heaven compared to the fiesta that is the Rog6, and its not like 1 part is bugfree. Type C is buggy as hell, disconnects when streaming, ehternet or even the cooler itself, some people have their APN's deleted after update, meaning no calls and whatnot, several bad throttling behaviours, several networking issues, soundbugs DAC and speaker, Some settings not staying after reboot and the list goes on, these are major bugs that are still not adressed.
So you telling me I shouldnt talk about the RM7 because it has minor bugs is hypocritical. ASUS makes nubia look like competent gods by comparison. And it makes sense, because it should be obvious by now that ASUS really don't give 2 shts about the snapdragon Rog 6, their focus is clearly on the Rog6D, the reason I can tell is that the Rog6D has actually a good redesigned cooling system that is very reminiscent of the Rog3.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I totally approve
Personally if have one excludes the secure phone, a phone common use that I change from time to time (currently Moto G8 plus) (made the G100 and G200), the next if it comes out one day will be the Tesla Model Pi because of my technical curiosity, for games, the Rog 5 is only used for that (and it does it badly and always with fear in its stomach), no video, photo, phone, guidance, internet, just games and games messaging and even more music.
The only Android gaming device that gave me 100% satisfaction was the Nvidia Shield K1, I mistakenly thought the rog 5 was its successor, so far this successor has my K1 I haven't found it but I would prefer an RM7 whose bugs do not concern the game and which does not die suddenly, also see the Xperia but not the current one with the 8 gen 1

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

I totally approve

Personally if have one excludes the secure phone, a phone common use that I change from time to time (currently Moto G8 plus) (made the G100 and G200), the next if it comes out one day will be the Tesla Model Pi because of my technical curiosity, for games, the Rog 5 is only used for that (and it does it badly and always with fear in its stomach), no video, photo, phone, guidance, internet, just games and games messaging and even more music.

The only Android gaming device that gave me 100% satisfaction was the Nvidia Shield K1, I mistakenly thought the rog 5 was its successor, so far this successor has my K1 I haven't found it but I would prefer an RM7 whose bugs do not concern the game and which does not die suddenly, also see the Xperia but not the current one with the 8 gen 1

View post
Imagine NVIDIA tablet with NVIDIA Orin SOC 🤗
also:
and it does it badly and always with fear in its stomach
🤣🤣🤣
Yeah I'm curious about teslas phone as well, custom SOC, 4x 50MP cameras and so on, it's a super flagship from the looks of it.

SupposablyAtThe
Star III
Sony has some other issues.
8 gen 1 (not plus) causes overheating issues.
Big issue for people coming from Samsung: Sony doesn't let you change the back button to the right.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
SupposablyAtTheZoo

Sony has some other issues.

8 gen 1 (not plus) causes overheating issues.

Big issue for people coming from Samsung: Sony doesn't let you change the back button to the right.

View post
You mean ui wise?