This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus automatic updates and OTA updates not working!!

suhailarfaath
Star I

Been observing from an year the automatic updates or the ota updates from the system updates setting is not happening.

Need to always install updates manually where downloading from the ROG support website and then manually loading onto the phone. This process is not efficient and the main feature of Android is to get seemless instant updates which is not accessible via the Asus firmware. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If your phone is a Tencent phone then it is not meant to be outside of the origin country, which is China, therefore it will not receive updates as normal since Tencent phones are not supported outside of China.

You can always try to update it manually or to get a refund but your phone will not receive automatic updates.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

suhailarfaath
Star I

Wifi calling setting also not accessible, my carrier supports wifi calling.

Tried all types of solutions from internet, even failing to enable the setting for Wifi calling ( By calling the number ##3642623344##.)

But the setting is not visible

CHOOZR
Zen Master I

Does your phone have tencent at the back casing?

Yes

If your phone is a Tencent phone then it is not meant to be outside of the origin country, which is China, therefore it will not receive updates as normal since Tencent phones are not supported outside of China.

You can always try to update it manually or to get a refund but your phone will not receive automatic updates.