cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone bricked/EDL/9008 their ROG 6?

imoc
Rising Star II
Follow and complain here.

Let ASUS know their bootloader implementation is VERY NOT FRIENDLY to us. I've been modding my Android devices since the Android 2 era and this is the first time I encountered an UNOFFICIALLY UNRECOVERABLE state which is a HORRIBLE experience.

Me? Have played with
Samsung(S5 to S9 and Tab/Odin is a good thing)
XiaomiRedmiPoco(Main device for me today, very modder friendly and robust)
Huawei(Remember when they allow applying for BL unlock?)
Apple(LOL jailbreak from A4 SoC until iPhone X(meantime Samsung S8 looks gorgeous) lost my interest)
And various small brands or exited market big brands(honorable mention Lenovo LePhone C101. My first smart device/Android and received big community support at the good old time)

ASUS. Fix your buggy BL. Fix your policy. Release everything we need to fix OUR DEVICES of OURSELVES. Just ONE step closer to perfect.
15 REPLIES 15

imoc
Rising Star II
DM me if you need help. Absolutely 0 fee charge. XDA spirit.
Moderator I don't think this violates any rules.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Haha, shout and file a complaint but don't question yourself, attribute the fault to ASUS and not to yourself when you have scrupulously followed all of all that is necessary to do to Brick a device.
No research before, neither of the procedure for a CN device, nor of the RAW files if it existed, nor of the difficulties encountered by users who have already tried to do the same thing on the Rog6.
No respect for the work of others, the raw file has been around for a few days but you wanted it for free
Your device list does not reflect your knowledge, anyone is able to do the same thing once the procedures and files are published, by XDA in 99% of cases.
Your messages are incoherent and demonstrate your difficulties in understanding.
Q- Question user, Is there a way to go from CN to WW without root?
A - You don't need root. You can just flash the RAW file. But you MIGHT not be able to update it because updater won't recognize WW update zip file if you don't change that COUNTRY file.
The poor, he must always try to understand your answer, the right answer is simply "No"

Come on, I wish you good luck in unbricking your Rog6 now that everyone exists to do the CN to WW conversion

imoc
Rising Star II
FunBike31

Haha, shout and file a complaint but don't question yourself, attribute the fault to ASUS and not to yourself when you have scrupulously followed all of all that is necessary to do to Brick a device.

No research before, neither of the procedure for a CN device, nor of the RAW files if it existed, nor of the difficulties encountered by users who have already tried to do the same thing on the Rog6.

No respect for the work of others, the raw file has been around for a few days but you wanted it for free

Your device list does not reflect your knowledge, anyone is able to do the same thing once the procedures and files are published, by XDA in 99% of cases.

Your messages are incoherent and demonstrate your difficulties in understanding.

Q- Question user, Is there a way to go from CN to WW without root?

A - You don't need root. You can just flash the RAW file. But you MIGHT not be able to update it because updater won't recognize WW update zip file if you don't change that COUNTRY file.

The poor, he must always try to understand your answer, the right answer is simply "No"

Come on, I wish you good luck in unbricking your Rog6 now that everyone exists to do the CN to WW conversion

View post
What do you provide then? Shout a lot too without useful information. Speak your native language. You Hard to understand English.

imoc
Rising Star II
BTW I hadn't planned to do the conversion in the first place, I just want to update normally using the method on asus.com. Which FAILED, still no idea why.