This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the data from old ROG 5 motherboard be erased before replacing with New Motherboard

anirudh2885
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My ROG Phone 5 suddenly died after a full recharge, does not turn on or even charge. When I submitted the device to the service center they said they will have to replace the motherboard. I asked what happens to the old motherboard, they replied it will be sent back to ASUS.
My question is will the data on the old motherboard be erased before it's sent to ASUS?
There is lot of personal information, photos, documents etc. stored in the storage, if not erased then it is an invasion of privacy. How to check/verify if they have really erased data from the old motherboard ?
Also won,t the IMEI change if motherboard is replaced ?
9 REPLIES 9

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anirudh2885,
Let me get back to you on this.
Let me assure you while I will get back the info but we take at most care about customers data.

anirudh2885
Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi anirudh2885,

Let me get back to you on this.

Let me assure you while I will get back the info but we take at most care about customers data.

View post
Thank You. Will be waiting for the reply. I do hope the data is erased, but I do need proof that the data has been erased.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
anirudh2885

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/194225#Comment_194225

Thank You. Will be waiting for the reply. I do hope the data is erased, but I do need proof that the data has been erased.

View post
haha, your hot photos and video will end up on the net 🙂
More seriously, never seen a technical service employee take the time to try to repair a broken device to consult the data of a user, the time to spend would be enormous for a result in failure at 90% more followed. dismissal for serious misconduct.
Stop using Android if you are afraid that someone will consult your personal data, the risk with a technical service should be close to zero, with the Google and android applications it is 100%.

dheeraj_g999
Star III
Hey @anirudh2885 .... I got to see your previous discussions.
Are you from Hyderabad?? If yes, please let me know where is the service center.
I'm facing issue with my sim slot 1 and fingerprint sensor.
Please help me🙏