Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Eftapsixos
Star III
To all of you talking about motherboard replacement WATCH OUT!!
They are replacing your motherboard with refurbished - reconditioned - USED ones so ask them to put new mobos.(ask them if it's new or refurbished) By replacing the motherboard they are also CHANGING THE IMEI so if you have plans for reselling it know that if i was a buyer I wouldn't buy it with a different IMEI from what is written on the box.
Also if 15 DAYS haven't passed from day of purchase you might be eligible for device replacement NO QUESTION ASKED. (at least thats how it is in Europe)
Dont make this suckers in Asus any favors and ask what is your right as a buyer to ask.
Mine had problem from start with microphone, spoke with support after 15 days and they replaced my mobo with a used one and problem is still there. I'm talking with shop I bought it from to get my money back the next few days.
YOU ARE A BUYER ITS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THOSE THINGS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PHONE. DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS

Piyush_Agarwala
Star III
It's almost 2 months still my phone is in the service center I am now really tired of this when I call them they have just one thing to say 'the phone is still repairing it would take some time', please you guys suggest me what should I do I just can't handle it anymore no one is helping me I am not a rich guy who can afford a 50k phone but still I bought it from my savings thought my life would be easier after that but now I am just crying because of this big mistake😭. I have twitted my issue but still no reply after that "Hi, we have forwarded the same to our team and they are looking into the same" please check out my twit @PiyushAgarwala4

krnapj
Rising Star I
Eftapsixos

To all of you talking about motherboard replacement WATCH OUT!!

They are replacing your motherboard with refurbished - reconditioned - USED ones so ask them to put new mobos.(ask them if it's new or refurbished) By replacing the motherboard they are also CHANGING THE IMEI so if you have plans for reselling it know that if i was a buyer I wouldn't buy it with a different IMEI from what is written on the box.

Also if 15 DAYS haven't passed from day of purchase you might be eligible for device replacement NO QUESTION ASKED. (at least thats how it is in Europe)

Dont make this suckers in Asus any favors and ask what is your right as a buyer to ask.

Mine had problem from start with microphone, spoke with support after 15 days and they replaced my mobo with a used one and problem is still there. I'm talking with shop I bought it from to get my money back the next few days.

YOU ARE A BUYER ITS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THOSE THINGS BEFORE SELLING THEIR PHONE. DEMAND YOUR RIGHTS

View post
If you can spare the time to read the warranty manual , it states that asus reserves the right to change your part with new /old or refurbished and refurbished is fine.
Also imei no. Is different but the serial number is the same on which we get the warranty and there is record with our serial number of mobo replacement.
Asus is a piece of shit company , i am never gona buy anything from them , they dont care about customers , they are busy launching laptops and furniture now and taking 2-2 months to change our motherboards , frankly if you ask them for new etc. Its only going to mess up your mind ,i have tried that, let me tell you how that works- your issue gets escalated from service center to customer care,from the customer care to senior executive , from senior exec. To escalation department , from escalation department to regional service leader , from regional service leader to regional service manager , and from regional service manager to some other thing whose name i forgot , whole this thing will take more than a month , its just a added mental agony and no solution will be provided despite of this. I am just consoling myself that my money got stolen from me at gunpoint , gona forget this piece of shit phone n buy the new iphone 13 pro max.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
krnapj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186750#Comment_186750

If you can spare the time to read the warranty manual , it states that asus reserves the right to change your part with new /old or refurbished and refurbished is fine.

Also imei no. Is different but the serial number is the same on which we get the warranty and there is record with our serial number of mobo replacement.

Asus is a piece of shit company , i am never gona buy anything from them , they dont care about customers , they are busy launching laptops and furniture now and taking 2-2 months to change our motherboards , frankly if you ask them for new etc. Its only going to mess up your mind ,i have tried that, let me tell you how that works- your issue gets escalated from service center to customer care,from the customer care to senior executive , from senior exec. To escalation department , from escalation department to regional service leader , from regional service leader to regional service manager , and from regional service manager to some other thing whose name i forgot , whole this thing will take more than a month , its just a added mental agony and no solution will be provided despite of this. I am just consoling myself that my money got stolen from me at gunpoint , gona forget this piece of shit phone n buy the new iphone 13 pro max.

View post
Wait until October 21st, get the Huawei mate 50 pro...

__PŁASMA__
Star I
This is not a hardware issue, this happened only after the update. Phone switched off several times and now can't use wifi or hotspot fix this ASAP. I am not replacing my motherboard for this bug. 😡