Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Yamini
Star III
My unasked opinion and advice to all the users(sufferers) who have already got their motherboards replaced or are going to- once you have your repaired phone in yoir hand, sell it and go for Reliable brands like Oneplus, who have great customer support and accesible service centers.. and tech teams to address and produce personalized resolutions to your phone's specific issues if they ever occur.
P.S. I am also using a Oneplus 7 Pro since 2019- never had a complaint with any of it's features or performance- only had 1 small camera related issue recently- they had it fixed online within an hour, without having me visit their service center or without having my motherboard replaced lol 😂

Is it ever going to be fixed..... please fix this...never gonna buy Asus products if it continues like this

i_liftking
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

Important update for all users in this thread:

I'm seeing rumors that "some users" who had their motherboards replaced by service are encountering Wi-Fi issues again.

So far we have had zero reports of this and I can't find a single post here on Zentalk claiming repeat issues.

Please do not spread any misinformation (intentionally or otherwise) regarding repeat issues, as it makes our work much harder.

If you:

1. Have been to service for Wi-Fi issues.
  2. Have gotten your motherboard replaced at the service center.
  3. You are running into Wi-Fi issues again after getting your device back.

Then please mention my name in a new post or thread.

View post
Let me correct you my friend.. These are not rumours. As for Indian users, a youtube channel Called "PTG unbox" has investigate the issue with asus and found out that there were 400 units that were affected due to the update. You can see his QnA video for the same.
It's very easy to run away from taking ownership and deny all the issues genuine customers are facing.
As far as I am updated about it, For now, they are only offering motherboard replacements and have not confirmed when the next update is expected, or even if it would be fixed in that update.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
i.liftking

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184968#Comment_184968

Let me correct you my friend.. These are not rumours. As for Indian users, a youtube channel Called "PTG unbox" has investigate the issue with asus and found out that there were 400 units that were affected due to the update. You can see his QnA video for the same.

It's very easy to run away from taking ownership and deny all the issues genuine customers are facing.

As far as I am updated about it, For now, they are only offering motherboard replacements and have not confirmed when the next update is expected, or even if it would be fixed in that update.

View post
They don't even know how to fix it except all of you change it to rog 5s 🤣

ig_NxVeM
Star III
Seriously a month guys, wtf are the mfkin devs upto , let's just case to the consumer court and get a refund or something xD