Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

FunBike31
Community Legend I
SujitMaximum

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183154#Comment_183154

Is this some kind of joke?

View post
Yes of course, in response to vrshankar0000 which brings a comment or I could not determine if it was humor in the 3rd degree or if it is peddling without any foundation. For the moment I do not know of any case where this update has been installed.

Update, your phone will restart normally 🙂 and if you had no problem sending MMS you won't see a difference.
Personally, I always take the precaution not to update automatically and not to restart after the download but to turn off the phone and then turn it on again so that the update is carried out from a cold boot, which makes it possible to do the update with its own memory and avoids a large number of tests or a bug is always possible.
It is a choice but I never had to start again from a factory configuration for an individual problem after an update.

allbinu
Star II
I also got the same issue , I threw it out and bought OnePlus 9 pro .. which is much better

vrshankar0000
Star III
allbinu

I also got the same issue , I threw it out and bought OnePlus 9 pro .. which is much better

View post
Well, we are not that rich to throw out a 50k smartphone bro.

vrshankar0000
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183162#Comment_183162

Yes of course, in response to vrshankar0000 which brings a comment or I could not determine if it was humor in the 3rd degree or if it is peddling without any foundation. For the moment I do not know of any case where this update has been installed.

Update, your phone will restart normally 🙂 and if you had no problem sending MMS you won't see a difference.

Personally, I always take the precaution not to update automatically and not to restart after the download but to turn off the phone and then turn it on again so that the update is carried out from a cold boot, which makes it possible to do the update with its own memory and avoids a large number of tests or a bug is always possible.

It is a choice but I never had to start again from a factory configuration for an individual problem after an update.

View post
I didn't understand what you said, bro. But you can look at the screenshots showing the new firmware update ending .151 not fixed the issue. In response to the video I put on YouTube about this issue, some users told me they have experienced a shutdown.
Describe your way of the software/firmware update process. We will follow the same in order to avoid these bugs.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
Too many mess for this overpriced phone.
I did factory reset this phone still the same. THE HARD PART IS, AFTER RESETTING THE PHONE, YOU CAN'T CONNECT TO WIFI, SO YOU HAVE YO USE YOUR DATA TO HAVE IT WORK.