Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
untitled.png
untitled1.png
He messages me but after that no respons
Maybe he doesn't want people to know if that's their motherboard faulty

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
vinicool88

Please provide us a new update as soon, may be it will fix this issue , otherwise this issue is happening with many people, it will ruin the asus name, no more will asus can reside in india in future especially in smartphones, asus will ruin the upcoming trust in the people's heart, so choice is yours either make it or leave it . Humbly request asus to do as soon

View post
Asus already ruined it's repo by giving zero customer support and rude replies when I got call from their region head who don't have basic ethics to talk to customers. Now I started facing memory and mobile data connectivity issues. I have never imagined such kind of suffer after purchasing flagship device. They don't have courage to accept their manufacturing defect from fabrication unit.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Lord_Messi

untitled.png

untitled1.png

He messages me but after that no respons

Maybe he doesn't want people to know if that's their motherboard faulty

View post
One from their leadership team already accepted manufacturing defect but they don't have courage to accept publically via a press release. Now I am facing issue with memory where memory utilisation goes into negative and then mobile data stop getting reception. Only option is to reboot. Now I refrain that maybe storage and processer won't start trouble for me and finally device will die permanently with about a month of purchase.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Omg, i am stupid , i am a piece of shit for buying asus phone. Their customer support is worse than shit , i have been talking to customer care and they r saying your phone is getting repaired, it will be dispatched tomorow,stuff like that and right now i found out that my phone has not yet even left the local service center ,they are not able to arrange courier pick up service since 7 days.i am soo stuupid that i bought asus.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181834#Comment_181834

As you mentioned, the SoC itself is unlikely the suspect as other brand such as samsung with the snapdragon 888 variant does not report any wifi issues related to the entire funtionality being broken. I doubt it has anything to do with the actual manufacturing of the logicboard as well, otherwise the issues would not have happened after an update.

Also the 6900 does not control audio as a whole, it only controls bluetooth audio, which is unrelated to those who experience robotic voices.

You make an excellent point with the bluetooth argument, as normally both go hand in hand due to being in the same chip, that being said, I did see SoC's fail only partly same for desktop CPU's where the integrated graphics would be broken and shorted while the CPU itself was fine.

WIthout users testing, we don't have much to go by, so far my theory is that due to the update, the drivers got messed up and should be fixed via a firmware flash, however it seems nobody here is able to do that.

View post
You think the service center guys also cant flash the firmware and instead they are replacing the motherboard?