Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

@krnapj Not much to go by, it does sound rather strange that it happened during a gaming session, it might be useful finding out when the wifi died for others. I'll tag some to see what they said, since your experience could indicate on a heatdeath, altho i do doubt it, but let's see what the result will be with my topic and this.

@freakingrocky @zxops47 @chetirva_raj2000 @ansariibad555 @SujitMaximum @Yamini @Shakthi G Thala @bhargavreddy.pondugula @subbu.v.h.234 @ZT-83edda0e @SKT

Any informations regarding this? When did your wifi break? while gaming or just randomly?

View post
For me, device rebooted automatically and after that wifi stopped working. Still my device rebooted automatically couple of times after wifi issue has been started.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

@krnapj Not much to go by, it does sound rather strange that it happened during a gaming session, it might be useful finding out when the wifi died for others. I'll tag some to see what they said, since your experience could indicate on a heatdeath, altho i do doubt it, but let's see what the result will be with my topic and this.

@freakingrocky @zxops47 @chetirva_raj2000 @ansariibad555 @SujitMaximum @Yamini @Shakthi G Thala @bhargavreddy.pondugula @subbu.v.h.234 @ZT-83edda0e @SKT

Any informations regarding this? When did your wifi break? while gaming or just randomly?

View post
Hi Danish, could you please share contact details from Asus Management to whom I can contact to get refund for this faulty device.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-83edda0e

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181760#Comment_181760

Hi Danish, could you please share contact details from Asus Management to whom I can contact to get refund for this faulty device.

View post
I don't have any contacts with ASUS management people. I'm just a curious user that wants to know whats going on with the Rog5. I already made a Rog5 video back in the days explaining why there are already some serious problems with the hardware, people ignored it and some even told me I'm a hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjWxsCM_B4U

Funnily enough some dislikes have turned to likes, guess people did learn. Sadly people would rather listen to big reviewers who are useless than people who actually know what the fk they talk about.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
vrshankar0000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181788#Comment_181788

But if you downgrade it, then you may void the warranty. Right?

View post
No, only if you unlock the bootloader.
Danishblunt

Ok since some have just broken wifi, I would like you to try something, if it's a software issue, it should be fixed by downgrading or reflashing your firmware.

Here is a guide:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/asus-rog-phone-5-raw-firmware-flash-file-fastboot-ww-rom.4268331/

Note ur data will be wiped, so back them up before.

Please report back if it worked or not, if it doesnt work, it's defnitely a hardware issue.

Wifi not working? Try this!
Just to see if its indeed software or hardware.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Danishblunt 
I quite agree, it's either a software problem or a hardware problem but a mixture of the two, it's a new plot with the manufacturers and the developers 🙂
What was disturbing is that many complained after the update .86 but the new impacted users demonstrate that this is not the case, failures still occur well after the update.
If it was the update, all the users of a SKU at least would have been impacted, the programmers would have forgotten the chipset driver in the firmware !!!
he stays
- A defective 888 series, (or 6900 module) unlikely, although xiaomi has a similar problem on the Mi 11, so far there has been no case with other brands.
- A series of motherboard or a manufacturing process (soaking bath to attach the 888 to the motherboard) temperature resistance and / or bending underestimate?
The FastConnect 6900 is integrated into the 888, it controls wifi, Bluetooh, audio among others, the 888 modules each have their connections, those of the 6900 would pose a problem
Failures - Wifi (QFC6900)
Bugs - Audio (QFC6900) voice robot
The Bluetooh? nobody complains, logically the complete failure of Wifi should affect the BT

For the temperatures of all components, test AIDA64, it is also the only one that I have found that reads the model name I00Dx, so the frequency band
sorry for my English