Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

venkatrockstar7
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt I just scrolled some social media stuff at night and switched off my mobile around 1 am on 14 Aug, at morning I turned on my mobile, my mobile did not connected to wifi so I tried 2-4 times restart but there is no use and I reset my mobile but there is no use again. So I opened youtube and searched the issue there are 2-3 videos I opened one of the YouTuber name PTG UNBOX, he said it's a software bug it will be patched in an upcoming update

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sush.ghn

Is there any way we roll the upgrade back?

View post
I made a topic here with a link on how to downgrade, check it out and report back.

vrshankar0000
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181778#Comment_181778

I made a topic here with a link on how to downgrade, check it out and report back.

View post
But if you downgrade it, then you may void the warranty. Right?

vrshankar0000
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181730#Comment_181730

Once again that makes no sense. Whoever told you that is throwing out half truths or lies. You do not flash the Wifi chip with a firmware update, so there is no way to brick it. I'll make a topic for diagnostic sake to find out if this is hardware or software.

View post
Yeah, I'm not tech-savvy too. So, I have to believe what they are saying. Sure, if you have any more information about this issue, then please share it with us. I have submitted my mobile to the service centre and they're gonna replace the motherboard.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
I'm telling you it's a manufacturing defect from fabrication unit and Asus want to hide it that's why they don't have courage to come forward & make an official press release to accept it. Please guys do as much tweets as possible to @asus_in @asus @sharmadinesh @vinay_asus @arnold_su6 to accept this problem. Otherwise we need to replace Motherboard every month and throw it to garbage after waranty.