Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@krnapj Not much to go by, it does sound rather strange that it happened during a gaming session, it might be useful finding out when the wifi died for others. I'll tag some to see what they said, since your experience could indicate on a heatdeath, altho i do doubt it, but let's see what the result will be with my topic and this.

@freakingrocky @zxops47 @chetirva_raj2000 @ansariibad555 @SujitMaximum @Yamini @Shakthi G Thala @bhargavreddy.pondugula @subbu.v.h.234 @ZT-83edda0e @SKT
Any informations regarding this? When did your wifi break? while gaming or just randomly?

krnapj
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

@krnapj Not much to go by, it does sound rather strange that it happened during a gaming session, it might be useful finding out when the wifi died for others. I'll tag some to see what they said, since your experience could indicate on a heatdeath, altho i do doubt it, but let's see what the result will be with my topic and this.

@freakingrocky @zxops47 @chetirva_raj2000 @ansariibad555 @SujitMaximum @Yamini @Shakthi G Thala @bhargavreddy.pondugula @subbu.v.h.234 @ZT-83edda0e @SKT

Any informations regarding this? When did your wifi break? while gaming or just randomly?

View post
No i assure you , the temp. Were normal, i always play in A.C. and with the aerocooler on, temp never exceeds 44 c .and that was my first game that evening.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
krnapj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181760#Comment_181760

No i assure you , the temp. Were normal, i always play in A.C. and with the aerocooler on, temp never exceeds 44 c .and that was my first game that evening.

View post
The system temp is irrelevant to the temperature on the wifi. Your SoC can easily get up to 100c while your system temp is only at 40.

sush_ghn
Star I
My wifi is down since 12th Aug, version is 18.0840.2106.86. Tried calling asus but seems they don't know if it is bug, asking me to visit service center.. Already hv reset the phone on their suggestion.. no luck.. don't know how long it gonna take..

sush_ghn
Star I
Is there any way we roll the upgrade back?