Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

SujitMaximum
Star III
How are we suppose to update our phone is you remove all features to acess the internet ???? does anyone reply here or just waste of time posting here...

SujitMaximum
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi freakingrocky,

I think you have completed most of the troubleshooting steps.

Can you perform a factory reset?

By any chance, you have connected Ethernet cable? Is the issue since you connected it?

View post
Do you think this would work on a mobile device ??? The wifi and hotspot option has been disabled by the update the guy has posted a pic of error i am getting the same error..stop giving silly sugesstions

Yamini
Star III
@SujitMaximum @freakingrocky - the Asus customer support team made me go around them like crazy for a week without any solution. When I clearly told them that this is a software issue and others are also facing a similar issue and that they could check that out on this forum, they straight up denied. And they were finding ways to postpone and escape my issue, they'd say someone from the escalations team will reach out, then they'd say they are in touch with the tech team.. but nothing. I got 0 help from ASUS except they've wasted a lot of my time. And trust me, ASUS is never going to help. It has a pathetic after sales support. They don't care what issues you are facing, they care only about how much sales they are making and nothing else. They are big time LIARS. After I was so helpless as there is no service center in the town i live, I somehow managed to get a replacement from Flipkart. Hadn't flipkart helped me with a new replacement, I don't know how long would these so called Gaming Flagship Phone makers have kept me hanging with an absolutely useless phone in my hand.

So my recommendation-
Don't wait for these people to get back to you, because they won't as they are sure that this is not a software update and they have said that the customers on the forum "might be lieing- they might have dropped the phone or might have had it in contact with water or something, they might have damaged it themselves and are blaming on software update" these were the exact words of Mr. Mathew Misquitta when I asked him to check the forum as many people are facing this issue, these were his exact words.
So, if you have a service center near you and you have no problem going to the service center, you could show it to them. Probably, that also wont help because this is clearly a freaking software update issue.

SujitMaximum
Star III
Thank you yamini..i will go directly to the service center instead of waiting for any update here online..hope to get a solution there..can you tell me how old was ur phone ? I just bought my in june 2021 month it was fine but few days after the latest update the wifi and hotspot got disabled..

Yamini
Star III
I bought the phone in May 2021