This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi hotspot dead? It's Asus fault

Zapx
Star I

Tomorrow my wifi hotspot dead company ask me for pay because company fault they know rog 5s  and 5 WiFi hotspot dead issue they deny to repair how can I trust company if they didn't complete promise I wish I buy other device it's pain have rog phone 😮💨  even I have 12gb 256 variant 

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Zapx 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657
If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

geralddevaad
Star III

after 3 months i fix that probelm.. when u go to service center.. u need to replace motherboard, and it cost 80% of the the price..

i searching some article on internet, and watch some video on youtube.. the possible problem is the RAM. cz the chipset and RAM is piled up into one place.. and when the phone get heat, it can cause problem. 
i had problem same with your probelm. first my wifi and hotspot didnt work, "error". and 3 month past my phone suddenly dead, can not to turn on. 

solution :

1. if ur phone still had warranty, ur lucky.. go ahead to asus center.. they will give u new motherboard

2. if ur warranty is eshausted, go to service phone near you, "the trusted one" and say want to replace ram of ur phone.

if you force it to be repaired in a place where it is not genuine asus (asus center). will void the warranty period.

my asus rog phone 5s.. now work normal.. after upgrade ram from 8 to 12gb. the cost is 1/5 price of this phone, and until now i thik is worh it.

you can search my history reply about the issue here :

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/rog-phone-5/rog-5-wifi-and-hotspot-not-working-error/m-p/387821#M14634