Wifi, Hotspot and Widevine Certification Issue

muizzv
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_1005DA
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2202.231, 31.0810.1226.67 & 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Netflix (8.34.0 build 4 50250) & Prime Video (3.0.328.16747)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1) Widevine certification automatically changed to "L3". Having issues streaming HD content on Netflix and prime video, I tried to downgrade, reboot, restart etc., but no change
2) WiFi and Hotspot not working since 2 months. Tried downgrading firmware, worked great for few days but again it turned off, having this issue on all three updates (18.0840.2202.231, 31.0810.1226.67 & 31.0810.1226.91).
Will it ever going to get solved? How long until the next update?
I'm tired and I have lost hope. 😐
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Is it written "Tencent Games" on the back?, this could be the cause by passing with a global firmware WW

muizzv
Star I
FunBike31

Is it written "Tencent Games" on the back?, this could be the cause by passing with a global firmware WW

View post
No! nothings written on the back.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Not really worth checking out why your widevine doesnt work since your hardware will have to be replaced anyways. The WIfi/hotspot issue is due to broken hardware.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hi muizzv ,
We are sorry to hear about your device, for what you are describing our recommendation is to visit the nearest ASUS Service Center at your earliest convenience to get your device checked.

Choose your language | Official Support | ASUS Global