Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and Hotspot problem

mckenruo
Star I

ROG 5S PRO

Not rooted

Last night while I was using my phone, it suddenly shut down. As I rebooted it, I cant use the wifi. I can turn on the button but nothing happens. I check if the hotspot is working and found out that it wont turn on. I already follow some guide and tips but it is the same problem. Please help

11 REPLIES 11

What is the solution for phones outside warranty? I'm pretty sure most rog5 users no longer have warranty, so will Asus refuse to acknowledge and fix a common problem they irresponsibly caused with updates? I could understand if the issue was obscure but it's not, especially with the last update months ago. Wifi issues have been plaguing rog5/s from day 1. Lucky were the ones who had it within warranty period. Other companies do planned obsolescence. Asus bricks phones after warranty to give free advertisement to other brands

Pradeep316
Star III

@mckenruo its HW issue where as motherboard needs to be replaced . confirm your warranty . same happened to me as well

It is hard to believe that it is a motherboard issue when wifi was working perfectly fine before the update.

Any idea how much will it cost? I am from Taiwan.

Yes my phone is in warrenty. When I visited the Service centre they were like we don't check/repair mobile phones. 

We will collect it and ship to Lukhnow without commenting on any timeline