Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi and Hotspot won't turn on after Android 13 update

RedAngel
Star I
  1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: WW-33.0210.0210.200
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: CONSTANT

My phone was working fine for a few days after updating it auto updated to Android 13 but Last night, my phone decided to freeze for a few seconds and worked again as if nothing happened. But the only problem was the Wi-Fi suddenly turned off (I was connected to the Wi-Fi prior to the few seconds freeze). I looked it up online and found similar problems after people tried to update their phone from Android 12 to Android 13.
    I tried troubleshooting it by powering it off, force reboot, resetting the network settings, restoring to factory settings, and as well as downgrading back to Android 12. I really do NOT want to go the service center as my phone is already past the warranty period and this only happened AFTER I updated to Android 13.

tldr;
    I tried everything I can think of but the Wi-Fi and hotspot are still dead. And my phone is already past the warranty period. Any other fix?
9 REPLIES 9

lots of people have the same issue, including me. from my experience the only solution is to fully switch out the motherboard, but my suggestion is to just buy a phone from a different brand 👍

RedAngel
Star I

Yeah, I'm seriously considering switching to a different brand after this issue. I'm willing to wait at least 2 months for a firmware update that will hopefully fix this issue. 

Also some other stuffs I tried (that clearly didn't fix the issue):
1.) I tried booting my phone in safemode
2.) I also tried emptying my phone battery before charging and booting it up again.

meet2326
Star I

Same issue, the phone suddenly restarted and WiFi stopped working.

FabienneS
Star I

Same here... Going through my MB fast. Is going to be one hell of a bill since this is also my work phone.