This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi and Hotspot not turning at all after OS Crash.

IfranAli
Star I
Model Name:ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version(Wi-Fi & Hotspot):WLAN.HSP.1.1.c3-00205-QCAHSPSWPL_V1_V2_SILICONZ-1
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:1 week ago.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):None
Warranty:- Expired.
So, a month ago, my Wi-Fi suddenly disconnected and it stopped turning on at all. It was after the .91 update back in August. 2 weeks ago, suddenly after my mobile network was having issues, a restart later, the Wi-Fi again came back to life! But a week ago, it again stopped working at all after an OS crash while playing New State Mobile. I want to know what's causing it to do that. The new .128 update seems to make my phone crash again after 2 weeks of updating it. Hardware seems fine as it came back to life a while ago. Maybe any software issue?

4 REPLIES 4

nsanedown
Star III
You could maybe try doing a rollback to Android 11 and see if that solves the issue, but by the description the problem seems to be (like with 90% of the threads around this issue) the motherboard itself signaling that it's near the end of its lifecycle.
The only solution would be to contact the service center and get the motherboard replaced, so I'd suggest you start backing up whatever data you currently have because nobody knows when it will crash again and never turn back on.

IfranAli
Star I
nsanedown

You could maybe try doing a rollback to Android 11 and see if that solves the issue, but by the description the problem seems to be (like with 90% of the threads around this issue) the motherboard itself signaling that it's near the end of its lifecycle.

The only solution would be to contact the service center and get the motherboard replaced, so I'd suggest you start backing up whatever data you currently have because nobody knows when it will crash again and never turn back on.

View post
Yeah, tried rolling back to Android 11, but that didn't help either! I feel like the motherboard is actually dying and i have to replace it, but it will take s*it ton of money to replace the motherboard, so better I buy a new phone after around 5-6 months.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, IfranAli.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I have sent you a private message. Please check it.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.