k_huat
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 5
Firmware Version: .196
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Kindly check on the above issue which my WhatsApp message counter in lock screen always start with 2 for the first message received.
I have done clear cache, memory cleared, restart phone, reinstalled latest WhatsApp (version 2.21.24.22) but problem still exist, shown in photo.
My latest firmware is .196 not .200 because it says this is my latest up to date firmware when I press check update. Kindly revert. Thanks
img-20211215-wa0007.jpg
screenshot-20211215-162401410.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @k_huat ,
I tried replicating your issue but it worked fine on my device.
Check if it works installing latest update manually, here is the link;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS673KS/UL-ASUS_I005_1-ASUS-18.0840.2111.200-1.1.101-user...

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
Already seen this problem on other non-Asus devices, the counter is managed by the device, I will not be able to give you the exact name of the services because my Rog 5 is in its box for the moment, you have to open the application manager (view system process) and you clear the cache and data of the following applications and services or there may be an old corrupted cache;
The application launcher
The notifications
Lock screen
Basic interactive screensavers

k_huat
Rising Star II
@FunBike31 thanks for your reply. Anyhow this issue remain unsolved after I tried my best to clear all the cache I could find (maybe I miss out some applications..)
Not to take the risk with new .200 firmware. So just let it be @Irene2_ASUS