This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What We Want In the Next Update (Feel Free to Add More if I Miss Anything)

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5 256GB
Firmware Version: .86 Latest
Rooted or not: Never
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After looking at many threads, it's blindingly obvious that the Rog 5 is still facing issue after issue. Every update seems to cause more issues than it fixes & it's very frustrating. This isn't a cheap device, it's a Flagship (Well it was until Asus Randomly released the 5S variant which in my opinion was super unnecessary). Considering the price of this device, software support/after care should be PARAMOUNT for ANY phone company. Anyway, the forthcoming list is what I & I'm sure many others want FIXED in the next update.
1. Speakers. When the Rog 5 was first released the speakers were Excellent. Easily the best in the world. But somewhere along the line they were ruined with a update. Asus did 3 updates to fix the speakers, all of which failed to give the speakers their original quality. Asus, I'm speaking for ALL Rog 5 users when I say this: Can you PLEASE revert the speaker quality back to how it was when you first released the Rog 5.
2. Battey Drain. Android system seems to be eating up the battery life along with Kernel Android OS & Media Storage. This isn't affecting all users but it's affecting a significant amount including myself. Please fix this. The Rog 5 has a 6000MAH battey, it should be performing much better than it is.
3. Refresh Rate. Many users have asked for a 90HZ option. It seems that battery drains super quick on 120HZ & 144HZ. The phone gets hot like crazy on the higher refresh rates too. I've compared it to my Rog 3 & the Rog 3 handles the refresh rates much BETTER. 90HZ would be fantastic! If you can't do 90HZ atleast fix the temperature 🌡️ Higher temperature = more battery drain obviously.
4. Temperature. This is a HOT phone. Even simple tasks like web browsing turn it into a handheld oven. If it means you have to lower the CPU speed, just do it. Make some changes to the battery modes which lower the CPU speed to decrease the temperature. If the user wants the CPU speed higher at the cost of temperature, make that option too in battey mode 🔋.
5. WiFi, Hotspot, SIM Tray & Calls not working after .86 update. This issue isn't affecting me but it's affecting others. I'm sure you're looking into this.
If there's anything I've missed, feel free to add at your convenience. If there's any fixes for the above mentioned bugs, please do share them too.
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @AmitGarde

17 REPLIES 17

vampire_sami
Star I
I am also faccing issues

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
1.) I assume they changed it on purpose as they may have gotten many RMA's due to blown speakers, so they need to lower the max output and recalibrate the entire thing.
2 & 3.) The difference betwen 120hz and 90hz isnt that massive, the battery drain mainly stems from software draining in the background in the actual OS. That being said, 90hz is unlikely to happen as it requires a custom profile and such, seeing how the Rog3 still has a badly calibrated screen an entire year later, most probably due to pixelworks license, I think we can safely Assume the rog5 is no different.
4.) Indeed in need of fixing ASAP, I think this is ASUS's number 1 priority.
5.) Not sure if this is even fixable to begin with, as with each release qualcomm restricts developers more and more from being able to modify things.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

1.) I assume they changed it on purpose as they may have gotten many RMA's due to blown speakers, so they need to lower the max output and recalibrate the entire thing.

2 & 3.) The difference betwen 120hz and 90hz isnt that massive, the battery drain mainly stems from software draining in the background in the actual OS. That being said, 90hz is unlikely to happen as it requires a custom profile and such, seeing how the Rog3 still has a badly calibrated screen an entire year later, most probably due to pixelworks license, I think we can safely Assume the rog5 is no different.

4.) Indeed in need of fixing ASAP, I think this is ASUS's number 1 priority.

5.) Not sure if this is even fixable to begin with, as with each release qualcomm restricts developers more and more from being able to modify things.

View post
Thanks for your response. I wasn't even aware that speakers were blowing up 😂
I see. Looks like they need to make some adjustments with the Android System & Kernel OS apps. These 2 apps drain battery like there's no tomorrow. Super frustrating. Just comparing battery life with my Rog 3, the Rog 3 is much longer lasting & this shouldn't be the case. Some serious optimization is needed.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
More optimization in games. While playing games and recording. There is a sudden stuttering and sudden screen freeze issue.