What is the meaning of the different "Splendid" screen color modes

ptr_holly
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5s
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Splendid version 1.17.0.15_220325
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
What is the meaning of the different "Splendid" screen color modes? The most likely description I could find was from a review on a website "digit . In" which was for the ROG phone 5. Assuming the "Default" mode in that review is the same as the "optimal" mode on the 5s that gives
Optimal: wide color range but inacurate colors.
Natural: widest possible color range but still with inacurate colors.
Cinema: Most accurate colors using "display-p3" colors and range that still manages to cover almost all of "display-p3" color space. Probably best profile if you want accurate colors.
Standard: Most accurate colors using sRGB color space. Might be useful if some legacy app doesn't properly handle color profiles. But I'm not even sure if it is useful there.
Custom: custom.
As a further question why does Asus give these such unintuitive names? With all the advertising around the accuracy of the display having delta e less than 1. Why isn't it obvious which color profile to choose to achieve the most accurate colors?
1 REPLY 1

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.