This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you ASUS for implementing VoLTE & VoWiFi for Telstra, Australia in Nov 2021 Firmware Update

noldoli
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: WW_18.0840.2109.188
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Happily always!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone calls
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Thank you ASUS for supporting VoLTE & VoWiFi on Telstra mobile network, in Australia starting Nov 2021 firmware update! This has been long overdue, but, as they say, better late than never 😀.
Thank you. I hope the future ASUS phones have these sorts of essential functionalities right off the bat as and when the new phones are released in our market (and in hopefully every market you sell your phones to).
Good luck for those lacking these functionalities (and been patiently waiting!) that you too hopefully will soon be getting a similar treatment in your country on the mobile carrier of your choice.
12 REPLIES 12

noldoli
Star III
As of the most recent 23 Nov 2021 firmware update, the Enhanced4G dialler code is no longer required to manually activate VoLTE for me (Boost/Telstra). I.e., VoLTE is getting automatically activated now.
I've been using VoLTE and VoWiFi for a few weeks now. I highly appreciate those functionalities working reliably on this ROG 5 phone. Thanks ASUS!

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
phoenix_horizon

Just an update for those who are enabling this. After each restart of the phone you will need to input the VoLTE code then go to settings and turn the enhanced 4g calling setting off then back on again to re enable VoLTE.

View post
What is the VOLTE code and how to activate it??????
I'm thinking to buy the 5S pro as its about to be available @ JB Hifi on 16th December. Please let me know what to do to activate VOLTE as this has been my major issue and stopped me buying any of the ROG 5 series...

noldoli
Star III
The Enhanced4G dialler code is #*#3642623344#*#
However, if ROG 5 (and by extension 5S) is on late Nov (.196) or early Dec 2021 (.200) firmware update, then there's no need to dial that code anymore.