Sibi
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: .57
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Asus team,
Your hardware specs and your zenui/rog ui is too good...but asus is having a poor track record for slowest updates and bug fixes... seriously a 50k rog 5 has outdated Apr security patch which shows in red in security tab of settings while the other brand 15-20k phones are getting June/July sec patches...asus really have to improve software support..I mean it was good couple years back...my 5z has got so many software update and bug fixes...and asus started to fallback from the 6z phone....please try to get back and provide software update on time asus... seriously asus has almost half the smartphone in their line-up compared to OnePlus samsung and other competition if they can provide updates on time...asus can too!!!!
Please start giving timely update and bug fixes
10 REPLIES 10

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Sibi

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 5
  2. Firmware Version: .57
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi Asus team,

Your hardware specs and your zenui/rog ui is too good...but asus is having a poor track record for slowest updates and bug fixes... seriously a 50k rog 5 has outdated Apr security patch which shows in red in security tab of settings while the other brand 15-20k phones are getting June/July sec patches...asus really have to improve software support..I mean it was good couple years back...my 5z has got so many software update and bug fixes...and asus started to fallback from the 6z phone....please try to get back and provide software update on time asus... seriously asus has almost half the smartphone in their line-up compared to OnePlus samsung and other competition if they can provide updates on time...asus can too!!!!

Please start giving timely update and bug fixes

Software update
I agree.
Still not VOLTE IN UK either
The speaker performance has been ruined by their updates
Thermals are ridiculously high
Loudspeaker muffled during call issue
Low loudspeaker volume

Everytime Asus bring a update, they bring more bugs. It's a cycle which never ends

ghost_z
Star II
I agree as well, this needs to be their priority if they want to make a name in the game(no pun intended).

CIG
Rising Star I
i agree too ....
this is very sad, the asus flagship and does not receive quick fixes,
you killed the speakers, about android 12 not words,
0 communication with the community, we paid money for your product,
don't you think that this will greatly affect your reputation?
I think the asus should react faster and put more effort into the software,
this is my first smartphone from asus, and honestly I think that the last one,
because I am not satisfied at least with the fact that the 57th update killed the gorgeous sound,
and the asus has not even rolled back for half a month done, it's terrible,even xiaomi made a department for quick response to errors.

llfranco17ll
Star III
Hello,
The truth is that you are absolutely right, I can't understand why the asus support team takes a long time in the updates and in the bugs that are reported. Now I have a problem with my Rog Phone 5 that has stopped detecting my wired headphones unexpectedly and I have to restart the phone for it to detect it. It's a hassle and I have to restart it daily. SOLVE IT PLEASE