PinkFires
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: Latest Android 12 update
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Settings
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Every time I try to edit my conversations to add a new priority conversation or remove it or make any type of change, the Settings app crashes. There's a ton of crashes like that with the UI, and sometimes the screen freezes up when I try to unlock the phone.
I can't even manage my Google account in settings without it freezing and lagging and crashing. I factory reset my phone and it's still like this.
I'm pretty patient with all the bugs and software updates but this seems urgent. I've had to restart my phone more times in a month ever since I got Android 12 than in the whole lifespan of my phone on Android 11.
3 REPLIES 3

rStar
Rising Star II
Same here.. 3 factory reset in 3 days.
why did they pushed FOTA just after A11-February security patches.
Those who wanted to enjoy/suffer, a very easy manual process is available.
screenshot-20220404-215520204-281-29.jpg
When you report any such bug to Google, they reply in this manner. And I'm 100% agree with Google here. Its Device Specific Mess caused solely by ASUS 🥲😡.

PinkFires
Rising Star I
rStar

Same here.. 3 factory reset in 3 days.

why did they pushed FOTA just after A11-February security patches.

Those who wanted to enjoy/suffer, a very easy manual process is available.

screenshot-20220404-215520204-281-29.jpg

When you report any such bug to Google, they reply in this manner. And I'm 100% agree with Google here. Its Device Specific Mess caused solely by ASUS 🥲😡.

View post
For me it kiiiinda fixed it by clearing Google play services cache but... It's still not a fix. The whole phone seems SO LAGGY after Android 12. 😭