junwei2647I'm also facing the same issue and I have found out whats wrong. It all boils down to not having VOLTE enabled for our phone.
Based in Singapore, we are not able to make phone calls if we set to LTE only via *#*#4636#*#*. How do we activate voLTE on our phone? Brought from Asus @ Bugis. But when using 2G / 3G / 4G as network preferred type no issue with phone calls. But mobile data connectivity is not stable at 4G / 4G+ keep getting H / H+. Help please, 1 Week old only the phone. No root.
Rog Phone 5s Pro Slow Connection and No VOLTE
ghostie192You have summarized it well, the worst for me being point 2, because when we lose a little 4G signal (Moto, Samsung, Wiko, Blackview) they remain in 4G), we lose the Data and those do not come back automatically when we return to the strong 4G zone, activating/deactivating airplane mode is an obligation.
I'm also facing the same issue and I have found out whats wrong. It all boils down to not having VOLTE enabled for our phone.
ROG phone 5 supports up to 4 bands: see image below, which you can find in the settings:
The problem begins when:
- You made or received a phone call. This forces the band to drop from 4g+/4g to H+ (3g) because we do not have VOLTE settings enabled. Thus, 4g cannot be used.
- When you move to an area where 4g is not strong enough and it drops to 3g. It refuses to yield to 4g band for some dumb reason and get itself stuck there. You have to either turn on and off air plane mode or restart.
- You force the band to 4g and 5g only using the code #*#4636#*# so that you can get 4G+ (LTE) 99% of the time. BUT you lose the ability to call out because there is no VOLTE functionality so you cant make calls on 4G network.
- Root, then follow the instructions at XDA forums to configure the settings, find and load the config files yourself. However, as far as i know, rooting voids the warranty and also prevents any future OTA updates for your phone.
You decide if its worth the trouble or warranty or not.
- Get 2 working sim cards (first solution). It sounds dumb, but this is one of the solution going forward until Asus allowed VOLTE on our phones easily.
- Set the band on your most data heavy plan to 4/5G and set data to be from this sim card only. This will make you lose the receive and make calls function on that line. If you are using that purely for data only, its no big deal. Then leave your main calling number as it is.
- If you are using both lines, set up dual sim card forwarding.
My current settings for now is to just leave the settings as it is. It sounds dumb/counter intuitive to the above solution. However, my current set up has 2 sim cards, no change in bands for either, lock data to the main card that i use and so far, HAS 99% OF 4G connectivity.
It might be dumb luck, but im still monitoring it.
Hope it helps!
FunBike31I just got the 5S PRO very recently, less than a week to be exact.
You have summarized it well, the worst for me being point 2, because when we lose a little 4G signal (Moto, Samsung, Wiko, Blackview) they remain in 4G), we lose the Data and those do not come back automatically when we return to the strong 4G zone, activating/deactivating airplane mode is an obligation.
I reported this in August 2021, we are in January 2022 and I can't even count the number of Firmware that have not solved an essential function of a phone
zerojin14Android 12 will not fix this issue. This is because the phone does not with the MBNs required for the operator.
Singapore, Switzerland, India etc.
Hopefully android 12 fixes the problem or we have to get a new phone