This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 5 SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE!!

SMIT_GAMER
Star III

Model Name: asus rog phone 5 (8/128)
Firmware Version:  WW-31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not:  NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):no

I am From Maharashtra, India
My ASUS ROG Phone 5 was delivered to me on 5th November 2021(Manufacture Date April 2021). I took extremely good care of it. While I was watching Youtube Videos today, it turned off all of a sudden. It wasn't even warm at the moment. I remember the battery was well over 75%. There is not even a single scratch on it and it has no physical damage or has never been dropped ever. I tried rebooting. 

i again Tried To turn On After 2 hours And mobile Turn On but when Rog logo show on Display and mobile again SUDDENLY TURNED OFF AND IS NOT STARTING EVER SINCE 

Power on button, power on + volume down hold, power on + volume up hold, power on + both volume button. None of em worked. 
Plugged in the charger, the led indicator was also not working. 

I almost had an heart attack. I read on Asus rog forum that other owners of this device is also facing the same issue. Those of who faced it early, had it returned and those who faced later like me had to send to service center. As I read it's a faulty motherboard on this device. I am not sure though. My question is I paid 50 thousand rs for a device I can play games on and have fun not this headache.

MAIN TOPIC IS :- On  16th May . I have handed over my phone to ASUS service center for repairing motherboard. 
n mine case  my device is out of warranty & they quoted me INR 55K for repairing which is more than the cost of device itself. As my device was OOW ASUS got a chance to earn huge bucks but I have refuse to pay as It's completely ASUS faults and they aren't ready to acknowledge it. However they told me they will repair it for free just for one time but there won't be any guarantee or warranty for the same & also my device may not perform as its used to be. Till yet no solutions has been given by ASUS & those guys are still trying to rip of money from me.
@ARP_ASUS 

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @SMIT_GAMER ,

we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We have sent you a message in the PM box.

Could you please check the message?

Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.